Behringer..How many of you support this Brand ?

Do you Support Behringer Products ?

• Yes...They are Great !!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No...All of them are crap items..

• What is Behringer ????

• Total voters

joel68

Even though the Product line of Behringer is quite large..and the dealer network sucks in Singapore...Are their products really professional ? Or they just give fancy names to their gear and with no quality compared to their competitors?

I would like to have a debate thread with fellow members of this forum..Come out with your opinion on Behringer Products...

I have seen a lot of my Pro Musician friends run away if I ask them about buying Behringer Gear...? :?:

Behringer products are still in their early days as they are doing everyting possible from lights to sound. A lot of products are the pioneering models. So you can expect a lot of people to be turned off. We always wait for at least the 3rd revision before accepting the product as norm.

But prices why, I don't see anyone to be complaining, you are paying eastern price for a european brand. Of course the products are produced in the east, thus prices can be that good. One advise, you pay for what you get. Don't expect Mackie quality for less than half in price.

Some models are known to be NOT user friendly. So another advise, don't blindly just buy it off the shelve, you may end up shifting it to your own shelf, accumulating dust. Best to borrow one to be aquainted first, if comfortable then buy.

Lastly, yes local dealers network sucks. Many if not all just a front keeping a few sellable models. DO NOT be taken in by claims that someone is a local representative, everyone can claim that by parallel importing. But this is just to be expected, this is the ground breaking time for this brand, and the ground is hard. Unless you got the money (lots of it) to bring in the entire range of products, and have a big showroom, than can fight.

Mike, See their Product names..Ultra ....... but there is no reverb you could hear or no compression :?:

I think this Guy Uli behringer has a spy team to protrude in to every audio manufacturer's R&D facility, steal their circuit diagrams and make the products in Mainland to sell in bulk.. :?:

lol no need for spies. It's just reverse engineering :) Someone I know who was at the european version of NAMM said Behringer displayed their new poweramp in a transparent casing there and u could still see the word QSC on the PCB. :)

No R&D and production in China with cheap parts = low production cost. Their products are affordable, but quality is something else altogether.

I think Behringer is a great brand that brings great equipment to the masses at great prices. Certainly their mixers aren't the quietest of them all, but i think their condensers mics have cost to value ratio way better than any other brands. i.e C1, B1, B2-pro...

Maybe their tube pre-amps aren't that reliable too, but i think when choosing Behringer products, one just has to consider the nature of the product, for example buying stuff that won't affect the signal chain.

Like the BCF-2000, which i think i totally awesome. Where else can you find a control surface with motorised faders for 450 bucks.

joel68 said:
Mike, See their Product names..Ultra ....... but there is no reverb you could hear or no compression :?:

I think this Guy Uli behringer has a spy team to protrude in to every audio manufacturer's R&D facility, steal their circuit diagrams and make the products in Mainland to sell in bulk.. :?:

Ok, what I feel, the thing is that they are trying to get a cutting edge with the competition by having leading technologies like DIGITAL EFFECTS built in and all that jazz. And CHEAP too.
All these applies to gizmo phreaks, but not in the music world. Digital effects are good for beginners to pick up. But Once you go beyond that, you will demand more 'tone'. That's where ANALOG products excels.

You don't need to "spy" on competition. Audio technology is as open as an openbook exam. circuits and ics all have specs and datasheets to built on, it's just how you TWEAK the circuit.

I think the QSC thing could just be a rumor, who would be so dumb to display the guts of the amp and miss out on this feature. If you do, you get sued the next day.
Another possibility is licensed technology, could be the case. Like Alesis liscenced their effects to be used builtin to trace elliot acoustic amp.
If it's to make more money, I don't mind to license a pic of my butt for ads.

One of my friend bought a Feedback Destroyer..Note that this fellow is a Professional Audio Engineer...what happened was..even after tweaking we can see the lights glow on the Behringer unit but still can hear the feedback..Instead of doing its job, it destroyed our $$$... :roll:

Also there is one more crap unit called "Moduliser Pro" another junkk.. :evil:

Like this there are so many..also the B2031 ?

Actually, they have been sued a couple of times already. old stories, the most famous being the mackie lawsuit. :) anyway I doubt most of their "reflected" products are licensed. drop a visit to talkbass.com, they have engineers from QSC, etc chatting there. some of whom had the experience of their own work being flipped. right down to the user manual, word for word.

But My doubt is why a Behringer equipment does not perform as it is named ?

Why must they call every gear as "##@$ PRO" and so on ? :?:

Can we take it like Behringer want to rip off all audio equipment manufacturers ?

fretless6 said:
It's call Marketing :)

Aaagh !! :twisted: See their dealer network in Singapore...Ask for any product..No stock...and the price difference between dealer to dealer is so different.. :wink:

I thought they only have one main rep here in singapore? Looking at the picture of uli, you can just tell this is a man who doesn't mind shifting production to china whereas i personally feel that the other brands have more of a face issue in doing so. It's less of an issue now i guess.

As for behringer the brand itself, i buy because it's cheap and there are other more worthwhile ways of spending the dollars. If the yamahas and the mackies were to drop their price, esp mackies, i'd go for them, but as it stands, behringer is impossible to beat for price. Take for example the bcr series of controllers. Absolutely nothing else touches it. evolution's UC33? It's too expensive. The only downside for that device, is that it's too big, and that's probably due to costs increasing with smaller sized components. I bet even though the retail price is cheap, the margin is actually quite large.

joel68 said:
One of my friend bought a Feedback Destroyer..Note that this fellow is a Professional Audio Engineer...what happened was..even after tweaking we can see the lights glow on the Behringer unit but still can hear the feedback..Instead of doing its job, it destroyed our $$$... :roll:

Also there is one more crap unit called "Moduliser Pro" another junkk.. :evil:

Like this there are so many..also the B2031 ?

after reading this thread,i find this guy hav serious problem with behringer.
1st of all, i don find any problem with naming ur unit anyway u want as this unit belong the company itself....wat bt u naming ur own child and other say tat name u gave ur child is crap and another piece of junk..

2nd of all,if ur fren was an Audio Engineer whom u kol a PROFESSIONAL,is either that his not a gd one or impatient....does ur fren even check tat his surrounding area too can cause the feedback.....is not juts the unit though.my fren too is into this electronic and engineer stuff..and mind u....he bought this FEEDBACK DESTROYER,and i don tink i even hear any feedback..what abt boss unit called noise surpressor...yup it does cancel out the feedback but the sustain of the guitar too it cut out....how cum u never bring this out?

i been using both pod pro and behringer pro....and i see tat there are not much diff btw the 2 gears....there hav both serve me well and even 3 of my fren hav been using the behringer pro and i don tink they complain too much and to find them a very very very gd guitarist with gd remarks on this unit...im not a behringer fan though but im a gear fanatic....

behringer is only good for starting out when learning..its the only way to get your hand on something without breaking the bank..however..if you do your research properly..you will realise that there are some great stuff at a cheap price too..i have use a behringer SL mixer and i feel that their layout and styling is not very good.Compared to a Mackie...the routing is miles apart...no where near..thats why the cheap price...if you are a pro..you would not really need a feedback destroyer..much less behringer equipment..people pay you for quality and you jolly well use quality equipment...

i wouldn't stay away from behringer but i wouldn't count on it too... if i really need something badly and urgent..i would go for behringer as its the fastest to get in Singapore..i wouldn't mind using headphone amps from behringer as it doesn't really make a huge diff...

gear_lover said:
after reading this thread,i find this guy hav serious problem with behringer.
1st of all, i don find any problem with naming ur unit anyway u want as this unit belong the company itself....wat bt u naming ur own child and other say tat name u gave ur child is crap and another piece of junk..

Hey...My first set of studio gear was all Behringer ! Ok...listen to their studio monitors for more than 2 hrs...If your ear dont bleed, I accept your statement...I sold my 2031's for S$400 a pair :oops:

Then I bought Genelec 1030A...Great...

You must see I have tried all most 20 over gears from Behringer..Do you ever called them for support ? Do you like their documentation ?

Does the manual state clearly how to use the gear properly ? I have had enough of bad experience with them..

For your kind info:

My fren who bought the feedback destroyer got himself destroyed...Regret buying it..My fren work as FOH for Abe Laboriel (Bassist) for his tours and he is a SAE Student... :wink:

Behringer will develop like peavey as they have the economic clout to do it. The gear is cheap and 'dispoable' and they saturate the market by offering knock offs or similar product to market norm, much like Peavey did.

the QSC note - rumour? Uli Behringer was sued by Mackie and Aphex and lost on both counts for copying PCB layouts and circuit design. The present line of amps however, do not do what comparable QSCs do.... But the aural exciter type C he copied did the same thing. The legal material on the suits are probably still floating on the web and they were circa 97 or 98. Instead of being hurt by the suit, they launched a revamped look and went into digital modelling, digital mixers etc.

Like Peavey, there is less innovation but unlike Peavey there is also less conservatism. I think they take marketplace ideas and take copyright issues to the wire. Will they survive? In a nuclear holocaust, cockcroaches will.. so Behringer, if they still operate the way they do... probably will.

That's interesting. does that mean that a comparable behringer can provide the same type C exciter with the clearer low end similar to the aphex products?

My personal opinion, since I repair amps & electronics. I feel Peavey is one of the most underrated brand around.

Yes, peavey design is not based around ground breaking features and ultra tonal character. But I stand by the fact that they produce the most rock solid professional gear around. The working musician or professional lugging around his gear every day can rely on Peavey stuff to get the JOB DONE.

The early days see the design always as using components that is way overrated for the job, thus used properly, their stuff almost never fail. Next lets talk about tonal quality, in comparision, their stuff also is way above par for the sound produced, as opposed to the cost. So there is no reason to complain.

What you pay for is what you get. Today we see a shift for manufacturing to the east. So you see a difference, the tag behind no longer says Made in USA, so gone are the days where you pay good money for good products. Everything from the chassis down to the wood used in the cabinets are of the different quality as opposed to a decade ago. Like what we say, it feels thinner and lighter, less "stuff".

Give me a choice, I'd rather depend on Peavey to do my job.

Back