bebop drum

blurred

hey any of u guys into bebop? just heard a recording by max roach called
almost like me and man it was just awesome! he has that really strong solid feel to this playing. this song floored me man.

Yup, very much into bebop! Which track and album were you listening to? Had a chance to meet Max Roach a few years ago in the US, before he turned 80. He's still got amazing energy and he's like a really nice and friendly guy. At the gig I saw him play, his road manager had rented a pretty crappy drumset with duct tape on the skins :p But he played it with such mastery, one couldn't tell the drums were crap. Ya, all that experience!

u saw max roach! ooh man thats awesome. i dunno wat album it was really. it was a compilation of bebop had philly jo jones's salt peanuts as well.

My favourite Max Roach recording is "Joyspring" with Clifford Brown on Trumpet. He's killer on brushes!! And that recording is like hallmark. Anywhere in the world I jam this song, if the piano player plays the intro of that hallmark version, I know that piano player is hip! Hahaha!!

me better go learn it then heheh, hey is ur first name audrey? if it is i was suppose to get a brush lesson from u. we met at sonic festival, thats if ur first name's audrey.....hmmmm this is a wordy sentence......

Yup, that's me... Yeah, I remember you asking for lessons. But sorry, my memory's not so good... What's your name? Does it start with a "D"?

my fav is keith garret. i find his playing very musical. very sweet!

for drummer wise, i guess i like more of the modern interpretation. i prefer the style of tony williams, dave weckl, steve smith, blar blar. althought they are influenced by ppl like max roach too! but i guess it justs get better and better!

one sad thing for me to say is that it seems that music are getting simplier and simplier. less and less expressive. from the complicated, expressive jazz to rock to hip hop to techno. no offence to those who like techno. i personally don't like drum and bass till i seen people playing those loops live!

Yup, I have 2 of his earlier albums! Nice touch, musical!!![/quote]

Ya man, and he plays match-grip! Anyways, we do have lotsa goo jazz drummers as well. Will try to check them out soon, it's been awhile already..

Ya man, and he plays match-grip! Anyways, we do have lotsa goo jazz drummers as well. Will try to check them out soon, it's been awhile already..[/quote]

yup, there are. Tama, Jimmy, Wen, Audrey, Uncle Louis to name a few. Btw, have you heard of Terry? Not bad too, nice touch on the drums.

[/quote]yup, there are. Tama, Jimmy, Wen, Audrey, Uncle Louis to name a few. Btw, have you heard of Terry? Not bad too, nice touch on the drums.[/quote]

Yep, there's alot of good jazz drummers, i know most of them personally like Rizal, Uncle Louis, Boon Gee etc and yes i know Terry. There's also Ah Tuck, Dol, Anuar and Mohd Noor as well. All good drummers.. Me support local drummers 100% :D They are all good in their own ways.. :)

Latest posts

Back