BC Rich vs Gibson vs Fender vs Ibanez vs Samick

Hmm

Each Guitar brands cater to different needs, so it would be too prejudical to be siding with 1 Guitar brand.

I mean what a Gibson LP can produce is not what an Ibanez RG can. Similarly, the sound produced by an Ibanez RG the same as with a PRS Standard.

So lets not comment on which brand is good or which brand sucks or which brand of guit has good finishes or not. I mean at the end of the day, 1 man meat may be another man's poison rite?

Just understand them & live with it.

hofner said:
spikes said:
oh, my bad then... srry guys... always thought that ibanez had no maple boards, any other ibanez with maple boards to reconmand?

i thought ur 1st guitar was not a strat but one of the JEMS?

RG1550 Prestige

Jem 77

Yours has a satin finish and u sprayed aerosol...so it wore out.

YOU SPRAYED AEROSOL ONTO A JEM77?!?!?!?!?

@#O)(&%R*(#(*@!(*#@!)(#*@!)($&#@(*&$#(*$^#(*%#(*#($)*#@)

:roll:

yup, the RX models from 1994 had maple fretboards- RX170/ RX350. in fact, the RX350 even had a maple body.

Ibanez RX350
IbanezRX350RedFront1.jpg

Andy Timmons has 2 Ibanez signature models, one of which was discontinued & was based on the RT series, which looks very similar to the RX.

Andy Timmons holding his beloved AT model
01.jpg

Ibanez RT650
rt650-143.jpg

the RX series have been discontinued, the remainder of the units now join the Gio series as the GRX model.

i own an RX model, just prior to its discontinuation- RX-40. yes, i bought it because of Andy Timmons but it's very different from his AT model...
rx40p1.jpg

subbie bro, so andy timmons previous signature model was based on an RT? interesting.....cos i was pretty interested in that particular guitar after watching the vid of him, pg and vai on hoshino's 90th anniversary gig

yup. the former AT series is very rare & released only in selected countries, if you happen to come across one, i suggest you get it 8)

here's Mr. Timmons doing a promo for the RT...
rt.jpg

Back