BC Rich vs Gibson vs Fender vs Ibanez vs Samick

man....i wonder if i'll come across any of the RT's now that i've seen the promo pic. GAS GAS GAS.......... :cry:

so, where do yamaha stand? some say yamaha good, some say sux...

personally, i think their steel strings acoustic are crap cept for thier "L" series...

but electric guitarwise, err sounds standard with their stock pickups... but can be replaced with other pickups...

compared to ibanez, around the same ba...

yamaha make good guitars, but i feel that their basses are much better in terms of feel & tone. i haven't come across any yamaha units that i really like, but the SG2000 pretty much sets the standard.

Hmm

I feel that while Yamaha has certain standards, but the price is way too high for low end consumers like us. What is your take?

Erm

Agreed. I mean got YAMAHA company is quite diversified. Got musical instruments, engines & automobiles etc.

Another question : What's with Craftsman, Burny, Greco all these brands? Are they a lower grade kinda brand or something? Please advise.

i love to own one of their grand pianos in there, but it costs 70k just for one of them... Greco, burny are just some les paul imitations... and i think they make other imitations too...

Re: Erm

neuro182 said:
Agreed. I mean got YAMAHA company is quite diversified. Got musical instruments, engines & automobiles etc.

Another question : What's with Craftsman, Burny, Greco all these brands? Are they a lower grade kinda brand or something? Please advise.
I dont think Burny and Greco are considered low grade brands, more like less known or popular... they make pretty good made in japan copies of LPs and Strats. Im not sure with craftsman though

Burny (Fernandes), Greco, Aria, Tokai, Ibanez all made LP and strat copies from the 70s up till the 90s. These copies are often referred to as lawsuit copies as Fender nad Gibson filed lawsuits against many of these companies for infringement of copyrights.

Some lawsuit copies are better than others. In any case, many of these brands stayed predominantly Japan (domestic)-based.

I'm not so sure about Craftsman. seems to be a recent LP and strat copy brand. Both Gibson and Fender have since stopped making lawsuits against guitar shape designs. (not that they can't; but it'll be like a witchhunt finding all the copy makers.)

aye, yamaha makes good guitars

my uncle passed down his SG200 to me, its like 20 years old, but still plays like a dream :D

Hmm

Yea I haven heard of Burny, Craftsman, Tokai etc. until this year. I am like a total guitar idiot man.

guitarnub said:
my uncle passed down his SG200 to me, its like 20 years old, but still plays like a dream :D

20 years??!!! now that is one piece of vintage equipment! :D imho, almost all instruments from '80s or so are really good, the squiers from that era could fight quality and sound wise with most fenders of today.

Fruitwine said:
20 years??!!! now that is one piece of vintage equipment! :D imho, almost all instruments from '80s or so are really good, the squiers from that era could fight quality and sound wise with most fenders of today.

those were Japanese Squiers, production standards were very high then. Squiers hit a slump subsequently (Korean/ Chinese/ Indo), but WEF 2002, quality has been superb.

subversion said:
yamaha make good guitars, but i feel that their basses are much better in terms of feel & tone. i haven't come across any yamaha units that i really like, but the SG2000 pretty much sets the standard.

Have you tried Yamaha AES620 guitar?
I have one and yes... I really love it 8)

i've tried many AES models- 500/ 620/ 720/ 920 among others. i'm not a fan of the singlecut design, the only one that i like is a tele. the AES has some good offerings in its range but i prefer the RGX in its entirety. however, the SG2000 outranks every other yamaha in my books.

hey.
don't base buying your guitar on famous brands. i agree its gd quality guitars except for samick. You shld try all five brands and the models. C which one fits and suits you the best. The sound quality the tone. Some guitars have lousy preset pickups. Samick is not long lasting. If ur a starter get that. It all depends on you..

mustaqim666 said:
hey.
don't base buying your guitar on famous brands. i agree its gd quality guitars except for samick. You shld try all five brands and the models. C which one fits and suits you the best. The sound quality the tone. Some guitars have lousy preset pickups. Samick is not long lasting. If ur a starter get that. It all depends on you..

which generation of samick are you refering to? the current Greg Bennet design models are reputable units.

Back