BC Rich vs Gibson vs Fender vs Ibanez vs Samick

17wil

5 most famous brands i ve seen....which is better than which? Which has better design?
Which is the most valur for money? Cheapest?
Share your views :D

obviously, gibson, fender and ibanez would surpass most samicks and B.C rich models... but theres no such thing as better... lets take 3 guitars these brands are most famed... a les paul, a strat, a rg,each guitar all high ended... a les paul cuts through with a warm dirty sound, a strat cuts through with its bright signature clean and the ibanez has a very 'distinct' tone that no other guitar can reproduce... an ibanez cannot play a clapton song(lets be fair and make everything stock) a les paul cannot play funk music and a fender cannot play a heavy-distorted metal song.. lets say the equalization panel is at 5... i mean sure you can(for all guitars), but it wont sound as good as it should... basically, each were designed for a purpose, so its best if you own'em all :D

as for design, i'm sure there are alot of strat haters(fenders i'm refering too), but i'm sure there are lots more strat lovers... though i own a fender, i'm sad to say that the finishing SUCKS BIG TIME!!! a gibson has a good finish, superb tone(on lead) but a terrible tone on clean... an ibanez rocks... its value for money, got the looks and a floyd, and a nice slim neck... however, i dislike both ibanez and gibsons because they do not come with maple fretboards... and rosewood boards are a trouble to maintain, and floyd roses are a PAIN in the *** when restringing(because i'm an inexpierenced stringer to floyds) but the dive bombs you could do with floyds... fenders have lousy distorted tones(for stock), but when you change pickups, you lose the 'fender' sound... which is why i buy the guitar for... as for gibsons, everything is fine save for the weight and cleans...

spikes said:
as for design, i'm sure there are alot of strat haters(fenders i'm refering too), but i'm sure there are lots more strat lovers... though i own a fender, i'm sad to say that the finishing SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

I don't know how you concluded that but as far as I know, you have a highway 1, and satin finishes tend to wear out easier, so... :roll:
Fender's solid colours > All
FACT.
Ok, just playing around. :lol:

spikes said:
though i own a fender, i'm sad to say that the finishing SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

Which Fender you are talking about? :roll:

If you only own a highway1 series and basing on it to talk about general Fender finish, I suggest you go visit more often to Sweelee or Guitar Gallery and look around for more Fenders :lol:

Ibanez don't come with maple neck? Mines a maple, and I'm a first timer on floyds, yet take less than 20 mins to set up my floyd. Yeah. So those opinions are no longer valid ;)

ok guys i forgot to add up there only the highway series... but the japan series finishes are nice... got the glossy look... srry guys...

BlackMoo said:
Ibanez don't come with maple neck? Mines a maple, and I'm a first timer on floyds, yet take less than 20 mins to set up my floyd. Yeah. So those opinions are no longer valid ;)

That is excellent. :) You must be 1 happy floyd user now! 8)

BlackMoo said:

maple fingerboards...

It IS a maple fingerboard.
His RG450MH has a maple fingerboard.
Besides, the discontinued RG1550 only has a maple fingerboard.

oh, my bad then... srry guys... always thought that ibanez had no maple boards, any other ibanez with maple boards to reconmand?

Back