Bass players please read this. For rock/metal/progressive.

Slide

Bass player wanted for a new band starting up. Ready to begin work on originals and with a few covers thrown in here and there. We're seriously looking at playing gigs and doing recordings in the immediate future. What is essential is a sense of desire to play, decent level of bass playing skills, an open-mindedness and commitment to make things happen.

What do I mean by "make things happen" ?

This wont be your usual 'we're gonna get big, get famous, tour the world and all' etc. This is about coming down to fine lines, to the ground, to the reality of starting the engine and driving it to your destination. While remaining firmly rooted to the ground. It will take alot of hard work, alot of obstacles to overcome and above all, alot of balls to hang in there. Its good to hang to your dream passionately, but it also takes focused and practical planning. In other words, you must know your stuff, where you stand now and what you are doing musically. So, lets 'work' the music. If you know what I mean.

I know for one where this band is starting out from. Putting aside all the from simplicity to complex nature of analyzing what is good and bad music, or what works and will sell to a mass audience, what ticks in real music actually comes from the heart and expression. So, personally I'm not eager to get caught up in the latest fads, trends, fashion music or Billboard chart statistics that much. All that is cool and all but what is more interesting to do is to be able to constantly learn and grow as a musician. Therefore, I'm not yet putting a definite genre or label on the music we're going to make now. Mediocre hard rock for now maybe, thats it... Lol.

But I would say that the below list are some of the influences that have inspired the sound.

Influences: Tool, Metallica, Pantera, A Perfect Circle, Creed, Nirvana, Slipknot, Stone Sour,
Alice In Chains, Megadeth, Sevendust, Nine Inch Nails, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix

You can listen to it here.
This is the link to a couple of demos of original songs. They're rough skeletons of the songs with just rhythm guitars and vocals. It is not the actual finished product. Still in the works of inducing more elements into this rock sound. Hopefully, the audio will still allow adequate listening capability. If not, dont fret. Just contact me at 97166954.

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/nhrRONs5/sharing.html?rnd=52

So if ur interested, you can leave me a pm here or contact me at 97166954.

Thanks for taking the time.

Keep the rock flag flying high always... \w/...

S L I D E

Back