bass - guitarmulti-fx - bass amp... any problem?

thatfrog

question:

if i put my bass thru a guitar multi-fx thru to a bass amp, will i be in danger of damaging anything?

it's either a chorus/clean tone that i use or a heavily overdriven sound..

yep. bass rocks!

i tried running my bass through a zoom 505 guitar efx to a bass amp before and it didnt really sound that good. The overdrive sounded too fat and thumpy and there was hell lot of feedback, so i eventually saved up money to get a proper bass efx instead

Actually a crappy sound is what I'm gunning for.. Not a rich nice bass distortion. Any drummer listening, wanna try jamming here and there with me? Experimental 8O

What I suggest is you may want to split your signal into two, apply the effect to one of the splitted signal and keeping the other clean, and combining them again before going to your amp/DI. This way you get to keep the integrity of the original signal/tone and still apply effects to the overall sound.

To do this, the only simple, readily available way I can think of is using a Boss LS-2 Line Selector, which you can use as an effects send/return and patch the other side into itself... A bit complicated to explain here but it'll work. The other way is if you're good at electronics, get a metal casing and parts from Sim Lim Tower, and make a box (with input, output and effects loop)... with a blend knob on it even better, so you can control the ratio of clean/effected signal mix, and that'll be your solution.

sidetracking here, ive never heard of anyone asking about how to connect single effects pedal.

so far, ive got a ODB-3, a GEB-7 and a BEHRINGER BDDI. i was wondering which effects pedal goes last to the amp. cos ive read somewhere that the order IS IMPORTANT. however, i havent seen any article on how to connect.

dude said:
...so far, ive got a ODB-3, a GEB-7 and a BEHRINGER BDDI. i was wondering which effects pedal goes last to the amp. cos ive read somewhere that the order IS IMPORTANT. however, i havent seen any article on how to connect.

I guess the Behringer would go last, since that's your DI (if you run XLR out to the main board, anything after the Behringer will not turn up on the soundman's board, though it will come out on your amp). Try the EQ after the bass overdrive, usually its more useful that way than if you were to put EQ beofre overdrive.

Erm ok, simplify: Bass-> ODB-3-> GEB-7 -> Behringer DI -> amp and/or mixing console.

But you may want to experiment the order, see which one sounds better for your application.

Latest posts

Back