bass distortion

come on man i dont think ull need any of those distortions for ure bass man lotsa bands dont use distortion for bass stick to the roots :)

Distortion on electric bass

Hi Edmund,

There are certain effects made for bass wich are the same as guitar. i.e. Bass overdrive, bass distortion.

I rarely use efx cus I'm a 'clean' player. The most I'll go is a bit of overdrive for a longer sustain or Reverb and Delay(This two I use a lot). Only when I really need then I'll use heavy overdrive. (Talking about guitar).

For bass, I use a little bit of overdrive on fast songs. Or some chorus at times. But most of the time I play 'clean'.

Mjollnir said:
come on man i dont think ull need any of those distortions for ure bass man lotsa bands dont use distortion for bass stick to the roots :)

i'm a "clean" bassist.. just wanted to know more and may buy one to play ard if i had extra cash.. tot it sounded fun to play wif 8)

Experiment

Edmund,

Keep experimenting until you find your sound and tone which you want when you play. Have fun!

hmmz this is about basses and bass efx ? i was wondering , do basses have "wah-wah" type pedals / drives

but then again we hardly have any use of them because the guitar's the main thing in songs. sure we could use mild overdrive or distortion to maybe cover up a missing rythm guitarist or chorus/flanger to enhance the groove of the song or do a solo (stuart hamm.. he's gooood). but that is a rare case.

i bought a Zoom 607 just to experiment around and i really could not find much use of it. i guess when i'm much better then i can somehow fit it in.

Bassists with efx

Well fellow bassists,

Keep practicing and improvising. Then you can start a new trend by being 'lead bassist'. *smile*

Have fun experimenting.

for bass solos hmmm is a the chorus gd enuf ? how about those phasers ? what are they for ?

Anybody has a whole rig-set jus for the bassist itself ?

Bass Rigs

Yep. Les Claypool of Primus. One of the best bassists around. Too bad we have to d/l his songs though.

For bass efx and rigs you can try the Behringer Bass V-amp or the Pod Bass XT. Or there's this one by Tech 21, forgot the name. Used it in church before.

gruel said:
oh great, not another christian "rocker".

this is the kind of comment that i really dislike. especially someone who is a fellow musician. i just dont understand why your post is always attacking people or putting people down?

are you having some problem in life? do share with us and i will help you if i can.

+1 James

Doesn't matter what race or religon we're all from, music is a joy to be shared with the whole world. Peace man. :)

soft said:
this is the kind of comment that i really dislike. especially someone who is a fellow musician. i just dont understand why your post is always attacking people or putting people down?

are you having some problem in life? do share with us and i will help you if i can.

Latest posts

Back