Basic Recording Workshops

RolandLim

I've noticed there are a lot of guys out there who are into home recording but aren't keen on shelling big bucks to learn the basics at an audio recording school, so what i'm offering are basic workshops that cover a range of modules designed to help beginners starting out .The 5 basic workshops i'll be hosting are:

1) Basics- covering topics like
gear selection
microphone properties, design and application
Basics of the digital recording system
Basics of a small studio setup

2)Recording
Audio - basic editing etc. punching in / overdubs
Midi - programming and sequencing
Mixers
Mic techniques / phase and rules

3)Signal Processing 1 : Dynamics processing
Eq
compression
Noise reduction
Filters
automation

4)Signal Processing 2 : Time based effects
Delay
Reverb
pitch/time shift
Chorus
Flanger

5)Mixing
theory
basics
monitoring
mixdown
finalising

All 5 modules cost $500 all up and can be taken separately for $100 each
each module will last for 4 - 6 hours pending on student and is taught on both theory and practical format.You can even record or use ur own material to learn if u want.

*All workshops are 1 on 1 tutoring so the learning is very personalised and detailed .I am also however happy to negotiate prices if you and a friend would like to take the modules together.

Lecture notes are provided and come from difference sources (Murdoch University, WAAPA and SAE ) complied into an easy to understand format.
Troubleshooting and help will always be provided via phone or the internet

I am a Graduate from Murdoch University and completed the sound production course with a Distinction average and tutored 1st year sound students at Uni.I also have lotsa studio experience working at Aussie Assault Studios where i have worked with 20 plus bands in Perth. CV details are up at www.myspace.com/rolandlim

I can be contacted at limshijie @ hotmail . com (w/o the spacings)
mob: 96 94 93 99

Regards
Roland Lim

Back