The Art and Music TTS is a 4-year sponsored diploma programme for O-Level holder students who aspire to be Art or Music teachers in our primary schools.
For a start, you will enrol into the Diploma in Art Teaching or Music Teaching programme at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA) for the first 3 years.
Subsequently, you will become a trainee teacher and enrol into the 1-year Diploma in Art/Music Education (Primary) programme at the National Institute of Education (NIE). This will equip you with the pedagogical skills and teaching strategies to be an Art or Music teacher in our primary schools.
Sponsorship benefits and teaching bondMOE will sponsor the full tuition fees for your studies at NAFA and NIE, allowing you to focus on having an enriching education experience. To further support you during your studies, you will also receive:
- A monthly allowance of $800 during your studies at NAFA.
- A gross monthly salary of $2,695 during your final year at NIE.
- Be a Singapore citizen or Singapore permanent resident.
- Have at least 5 GCE O-Level passes, including English Language as First Language, or equivalent.
- GCE O-Level Art or equivalent.
- Qualify for entry into NAFA Diploma in Art Teaching programme and pass NAFA Art drawing test.
- GCE O-Level Music/Grade 6 Practical and Grade 5 Theory from acceptable music examination boards or equivalent.
- Qualify for entry into NAFA Diploma in Music Teaching programme and pass NAFA music audition.
If you are an O-Level holder, you can become an Art or Music teacher in a primary school by applying for the Art or Music Teacher Training Sponsorship. Learn more about the sponsorship and how to apply.