anyone own the korg sv1?

yihern

pls share your reviews on it and how it compares, if you have played before, to a nord. I tried the Nord stage ex but not the korg. thinking of going to try the sv1. anyone who has it can give some opinions and comments? thanks

Kord SV-1

Though I have to admit I have a RD-700GX. The SV-1 is OK for the promo price of $2037! The SV-1 piano sound is good, kinda of like it.

Now comes the juicy part, NORD stage ex is an interesting machine cos I really luv the piano sounds....not even my RD comes close to it... We are talking about an expensive 88keys...
Verdict: I will buy the NORD, keep my RD/motifxs-8 and might as well the SV-1 also (....sounds like not realistic)...but I do like each one as they have something the others dun have it...Like Cheez said-no ultimate keyboard yet...haha

Kord SV-1

Yihern

Yupp, I played the SV-1 for 8hrs (and 2hrs on the Nord), I do like it for the package, looks and sounds...dun expect too much special synth sounds and etc...the good old comtempo sounds-pianos, E.Pianos and tweeted Clavs too!

Go and get one, the price is good till 31 Dec! I will not suggest you buy after the promo price! My perceive price of the SV-1 is just right at $2k (any lower, just buy it, haha)!

Dun compare the SV-1 with the Nord Stage EX, the latter is a professional level stuffs (sound much much better) and the price is more than double of the SV-1...I do luv both keyboards, the SV-1 for the retro looks and the Nord for the niche design!

I will buy both, unrealistically me, speak!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back