Any synthesizer players?

hello.. this might be irrelevant.. but.. Discriminate Cookies' keyboardist plays the synths. his Korg is mightily mean. it was my first time watching synths live at a gig so i was really impressed/mesmerized. hahaha :D cheers!

(edited) oops. i realised its totally irrelevant.. sorry!

this thread almost one year old, here - I'm a synth player
what's up?

I love hardware more than software

Hiya bongman,
Yeah i love hardware more than software... There is just something wrong with softsynths, lack of warm, lack of depth...

parablue74 said:
Yeah i love hardware more than software... There is just something wrong with softsynths, lack of warm, lack of depth...

Unless we are talking about the moog's analog synths, most synths like the Triton etc sounds "warmer" because their sounds run through their internal effects. If you turn off all these effects, you'll get a pretty thin sound as well.

Same as for softsynths. You'll need to play around with the raw sound by adding plug-in effects and reverbs etc.

parablue74 said:
Hiya bongman,
warm is ok, I say softsynth lack of depth in texture,
go listen to Depeche Mode new CD Playing the Angel
thin artari computer games music ???!!!

Maybe they did use an Artari Computer to generate their music??? Most prominent softsynths are pretty good.

Latest posts

Back