any modded metalzone vs line 6 uber metal

opinions and views guys...
just for general knwledge...

Personally, I will not get any of those choices... but between the two, Metal Zone since it still retains that 'analog feel'

You can actually use your amp and push the OD section with another pedal and you can get a massive tight heavy sound. Think Zack Wylde...

i personally have a very sore relationship with all line 6 products... i would go for a modded mt-2. the stock one is terrible imo.

why dont u consider the ehx metal muff with top boost?

i personally have a very sore relationship with all line 6 products...

That's quite a lot of products you went through.

Line 6 fan here, so I like Uber Metal. Digital? Yup... which seriously works for me as oppose to everything out there which is fighting so hard for the analogue sound. Personally I think they're.. I dunno.. boring?

Basically, what I'm saying is that with any pedal, it's a matter of preference.

okay ive not tried all line 6 products. but at least ive tried enough pedals and amps to find out they all have this irritating digital feel to them. esp the modulations.

anyways, i suggest u go try them out and hear for urself which one u like. note there are many mt2 mods available. u should do abit more research for that pedal and the available mods

line 6 uber metal to me is super heavy,which is freaking good...
modded mt2 has alot of clarity...
i use both at home and keep switchin between these 2 pedals..
but wen jamming,i use the modded mt2..(with a marshall amp,crunchy!!!)
have not tried with the line 6 yet...
anybody tried the uber metal jamming or live?

not intending or considering other pedals..
to me dis 2 pedals are great!(personal reference)
duno bout seventheaven though...haha

have u even tried the ehx metal muff? u shouldnt rule out others without even trying. seventheaven is way out of ur budget. i'm assuming ur budget is around the region of the mt2 and ubermetal

Last edited:
You should have a go with the EHX Metal Muff. It should cancel off your choices of Metalzone and Uber Metal. Well, it did that to me. :D

line 6 uber metal=good.
haha, at least to me it is.
though i end up using the same settings over and over again. somehow i don't like the other sounds it can produce.
it's good when i use it at home though sadly it's caused some minor problems during gigs and jam sessions. creates feedback but it could be from the mics. not really sure.

You can try checking out the MT-2 mods by Seekz, Randolf and G77. They're quite good. I'm currently using the one by G77.

You should have a go with the EHX Metal Muff. It should cancel off your choices of Metalzone and Uber Metal. Well, it did that to me. :D

Didn't do it for me, man, hahaha. I was actually repulsed by it. :p

No point asking when you have the means to try it out yourself, right? That's the whole point that everyone is trying to say here. It's really about personal preference.

Last edited:
Shameless, but here's a general guide for metal:
http://soft.com.sg/forum/gear-guitar/88549-amateurs-gear-guide-metal.html

All in all, I find the MT-2 has a nasal quality to it, but becomes a truly wonderful pedal once modded.. The Uber Metal, on the other hand, just sounds so fake.. It is intense, but not in a nice manner.. I get more satisfaction using a Metal Muff as it retains a Wall of Sound feel, open sounding (UM is tight), still intense, but not so... Mundane, and overly polished like the uber metal.. I find the uber metal as an amateurish pedal (no offence) for people who THINK metal is associated with that kind of tone..

There is perhaps a level of gain intensity that, when you go to it and beyond, can be called the metal tone. But it's really impossible to truly define the metal tone, I would think.

Best to make the tone your own :)

Quite impossible.. Funny that my ideal lead tone (which I have), can be heard on an Incubus solo from the song Deep Inside, and some other RATM solo (can't remember which).. :mrgreen:

Generating your own tone is more with the fingers, which again is almost impossible? SRV was a Hendrix clone to many, and so is Mayer to SRV.. People will always draw out your influences from your playing, which shows you can never be 100% you.. :mrgreen:

Exactly! So if your personal tone is to sound digital, and nobody else want to sound digital, then you win already liao! :mrgreen:

Unfortunately enough I cannot make digital tone with my fingers. Can I call my fingers the only analog input in my chain then? :mrgreen:

Last edited:

I know the seventheaven is out of your budget...but try getting a metalzone and ask Goose to mod it....you'll be surprised how close you can actually get to that sound.

Randolf's metalzone sounded more like a hot rodded ds-1 to me. Was sorely disappointed cos i wanted it to do metal. You may like it though if thats your thing.

Back