Any girls into Vai/DT/Satch etc ??

Girls tend to lean on the softer side of music, they dont like complex long shredding guitar solos. Most girls think its only natural for them to like mellow love song and dislike the more aggressive hardrock. They think its more feminine. Of course there are a few exceptions.

actually i find j-pop more irritating than mandopop. But nevertheless, each to his/her own. Its still music after all, respect it

fored said:
^Frankly I think that it's impossible.

i agree with that. It's almost impossible unless, pop music of these days r rock music from satch, vai, and so on. Singapore u hear people talking abt 5566 like some god, energy . Kinda gets on my nerves when someone once told me chili peppers sucks cos they look ugly. When i tried to defend that, she told me u r just jealous.......

i wished i have the license to kill.

girls will grow to like traditional 'male' music if they have enough exposure to it. Just like what I am subjecting my gf to now :lol:
But of course, they must first and foremost be willing to overcome the sterotype of rock and metal as 'unfeminine', leading them to totally close up their minds. This mental barrier is the hardest to attenuate IMO.

Mr_X said:
i agree with that. It's almost impossible unless, pop music of these days r rock music from satch, vai, and so on.

yeah lar that's precisely my point. not meaning start a gender war lar, ladies plz relak! especially i'm not targetting the female softies here, since the very fact that they are softies sets them apart from the 5566, Energy ppl. my utmost respect to the ppl who WROTE the songs for them, sessioned for them. i know an old timer who is an incredible bassist who sessioned for artistes in the 70s and 80s, and MAN he is groovy. but in the end the musicians behind the scenes usually get sidelined. sigh :smt022

soft said:
how come so many guys speaking on behalf of the ladies?

Cause we need more lady softies man~!!! Maybe we can have a SOFT Girl of the Month with photos and profiles and stuff... Ooooh.... :smt118

Mr_X said:
It's almost impossible unless, pop music of these days r rock music from satch, vai, and so on.

I'd rather they stayed this way, because if they ever were mainstream... Well I think we'll all grow to hate them as they grow to fit into everyone's preferences.

This is the beauty of non-mainstream music - they make music the way they want it. And that's the reason why they get so much more respect from me.

Back