Any girls into Vai/DT/Satch etc ??

danceOfEternity

just very curious. the fans of the so-called guitar heroes revered by millions are mostly guys (i think). i mean, wat's up with girls listening to the stuff WE listen to? and wat's with girls going nuts over crap teenybopper music churned out by the mandopop scene? yeah those ppl are good looking but that's like ALL to them.

c'mon female softies here pls surprise me leh

My gf listens to DT and likes them alot.. But she's not a softie though...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I love Satriani and Vai, and went to Steve Vai's concert last year. Saddened that Satriani cancelled his concert.

Just bought a Dream Theater CD too.

Am also into Kirk Hammet, Mark Tremonti's guitar playing, damn they're good.

I'm a girl.

It's not right to generalize certain groups of people just because you know some of them. There are guys who listen to all those rubbish pop bands, as there are girls who do listen to real music.[/list]

fored said:
There are guys who listen to all those rubbish pop bands

Oh yes. Definitely. And it pretty much freaks me out.

For those of you girls out there who are into our kinda music.... GOOD ON YOU!!!!! Hahahahaahah. :p

i was surprised when i was at steve vai's concert n there was this girl screaming her lungs out beside me thro out the performance. She queued up early n dashed in the moment the doors opened.

I was impressed man...

fored said:
I love Satriani and Vai, and went to Steve Vai's concert last year.

hey hey apologies if i made a generalised statement. was thinking MAJORITY but left it out. paiseh. in any case, sometimes it hurts to have ppl commenting that i listen to 'loud weird music' when i have my DT in my mp3 player. majority of the ppl who gave me dirty looks are from the fairer sex. my gf digs Led Zep and DT too, so she's one of the minority. and it seems discussing prog-rock, guitars etc etc can only happen between guitar brothers, a bit sad right??

imagine flirting with the statement, "hey baby, i've got some Vai in my stereo, wanna come in and give it a listen?" probably the person will disappear in a puff of smoke.

talking about guys who listen to teenybopper music... i really have no idea. maybe teenybopper music is more of a conversation piece with girls who listen to them so prob that's y they listen too. sigh

rock on lar brudders!

eh dun likedat ley.. must listen to everything la really.. i llisten to atomic kitten and stuff too.. no music is crap music and it should not freak you out prae.. 8O

danceOfEternity said:
imagine flirting with the statement, "hey baby, i've got some Vai in my stereo, wanna come in and give it a listen?" probably the person will disappear in a puff of smoke.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHA

Oh my God... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHH

:smt044

dhalif said:
eh dun likedat ley.. must listen to everything la really.. i llisten to atomic kitten and stuff too.. no music is crap music and it should not freak you out prae.. 8O

take Robbie Williams for example....

his music is pop and even rockers appreciate his music :D

hey hey...i dig Westlife , BSB and NSYNC music too... :lol:

robbie williams is of cos good. i dun mean pop music = crap. in fact i think the LEAD singers of the boybands are okie vocally. i can't sing for nuts so of cos i can't be too critical. oh i like 98 degrees btw. they are great vocally (ALL of them since their a capella is power) and they have buff bods. haha i must emphasize i'm straight.

dhalif said:
i llisten to atomic kitten

I like Atomic Kitten too man.. Saw them live at Zouk 2 yrs back and man do they look yummy...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i love satriani!!!!!!!! (shesh was lookin fwrd him live in spore but.. gt cancelled :cry: )
and im expose to DT cuz of ma fella band mates, sonata artica and malmsteen cuz of ma bro..
ps: yea im a lady

well if u tink ladies out der are into all da popish stuffy den share/expose/ 'educate' em to ur kind of music den....

^Frankly I think that it's impossible. Unless radio stations and MTV starts playing their songs. The undeniable truth is that most of the girls (and a smaller percentage but still a majority of guys) will listen and 'love' whatever the radio throws out at them, and you will hear them say 'they're sooooo talented and i looove their lyrics' even though those 'artistes' can't hold a note to save their lives and don't write their own songs.

At least there's the minority.

Latest posts

Back