Amp brands to bring in?

boss... i hope you can bring in Harley Benton's GA5. not a boutique amp but it should serve those of us with shallow pockets brilliantly (as well teaching the Epiphone Valve Jr a lesson).

112039.jpg

107783.jpg

+1 to ENGL.

I have thought about getting 1 from overseas also, but if the price is right, getting it locally will always be the best =)

I believe smaller sized tubes amps(home use) and pedal friendly would be in quite high demand because they probably sound better than the many smaller solidstate amps availabe. Why smaller?

Well i think alot of Singaporean guitarist stay in HDBs? so a big amp >50watts is qutie overkill....probably more suited for giging and live use...Futhermore, at most performances, amps are provided and not many guitraist in Singapore lug their amps around to Gigs...

However,,,if u do bring in those big amps...like mesas and the likes....i think maybe u cld get better deals renting them out for gigs...

i'd say an alternative similar to the Valbee or Epi valve Jr would be good....cos those are the only 2 amps that i (as a student) would consider buying...

Last edited:
I believe smaller sized tubes amps(home use) and pedal friendly would be in quite high demand because they probably sound better than the many smaller solidstate amps availabe. Why smaller?

Well i think alot of Singaporean guitarist stay in HDBs? so a big amp >50watts is qutie overkill....probably more suited for giging and live use...Futhermore, at most performances, amps are provided and not many guitraist in Singapore lug their amps around to Gigs...

However,,,if u do bring in those big amps...like mesas and the likes....i think maybe u cld get better deals renting them out for gigs...

i'd say an alternative the Valbee or Epi valve Jr would be good....cos those are the only 2 amps that i (as a student) would consider buying...

it is overkill but still there are dudes here buying Engls, mesas etc.:mrgreen:

do we have to compromise on what we are searching for jus cos we r living in a smaller place? tt will be a very sad thing for musician den...

sry i meant to say an alternative to the current amps that sweelee brings...

like TYMC has has those Krank mini stacks? nice stuff...
The tiny terror is cool too...

yea i agree that compromising bigger amps for smaller amps is tragic indeed...but im thinking for practical reasons ...like how often do we carry our amps out for gigs and all.... most of us rely on our pedalboards for our tones because of its practicaliy, mobility and portability. We let the amp we're provided with (at the performance) ampify and colour our "tone"...I surely agree that those bigger amps do sound alot better. And i am in no way against big amps. However if its goign to be lying at thome all the time...its quite sad....

than again...its probably just my view...cos id be pretty contented with a good sizeable amp for home useage....

sry i meant to say an alternative to the current amps that sweelee brings...

like TYMC has has those Krank mini stacks? nice stuff...
The tiny terror is cool too...

yea i agree that compromising bigger amps for smaller amps is tragic indeed...but im thinking for practical reasons ...like how often do we carry our amps out for gigs and all.... most of us rely on our pedalboards for our tones because of its practicaliy, mobility and portability. We let the amp we're provided with (at the performance) ampify and colour our "tone"...I surely agree that those bigger amps do sound alot better. And i am in no way against big amps. However if its goign to be lying at thome all the time...its quite sad....

than again...its probably just my view...cos id be pretty contented with a good sizeable amp for home useage....

bringing pedalboards to gigs are sooo '07. Lets start bringing our amp heads instead! lol:D

i'd say an alternative similar to the Valbee or Epi valve Jr would be good....cos those are the only 2 amps that i (as a student) would consider buying...

what about gries 5?

haha i look forward to one day having my hugr wall of marshall stacks amplified across a stage aka malmsteem......altho that is pretty much unheard of in singapore even when huge acts came...

ashdown

ranking sports at bras basah carries ashdown.

also, correct me if i'm wrong but I think malcolm tan carries gries 5.

thanks so much once again for all those valuable suggestions!

Latest posts

Back