A ukelele question

Alright, this is my Tenor ukulele, beside my ex-Elite
IMG_0773.jpg

this is my friend's J&D uke infront and my Maestro Uke behind.

ukes.jpg

My friend got his J&D uke from Music Theme, for only $80. Nice quality tenor uke. The strings will stay very much in tune after some seasoning. Great bang for the buck! The tone is brighter than my Maestro uke.

There are different sizes of ukulele that will also account to the price other than the wood. You have soprano, concert, tenor, baritone.

I think i probably bought the last ever tenor sized uke in Singapore. Maestro did not replace the one i bought off the rack. Music Theme doesn't sell anymore since my friend bought that last piece of tenor.

Soprano and concert size will be too small (for me at least). Maestro still has the baritone uke the last time i went, price is about SGD300-350 i think?

If anyone finds a decent tenor sized uke in Singapore, let me know..I plan to buy one more. I don't intend to splurge thousand over dollars over a kamaka like what my friend did in tokyo.. LoL

Hi, I'm Peter. I know of a place importing quality Ukes meant for the Japanese market @ fair prices. Feel free to call me so that I can show you those that I own. 98383055

I started playing ukulele quite recently. It's a fun and relaxing instrument to play. I have yet to buy one :D

im very intrested in this little wonder too.
any reccomendations for a concert one? or anyone mellow sounding? it must around a 100 bucks plus minus, need to snap one up this week, cos my hands are itchy lol

Patience is a virtue... Anyway, you'd get better response on the Ukulele Movement on Facebook. And a lot of people can't spell ukulele. :S

i want to play ukulele too. But how is the fingering of ukulele? e.g. making chord and such? any good website to learn from?

Agreed.

Thinking of getting a TGM ukulele to play and practice. I was shocked to see Maestro's ukulele cost about $640. Fuh!

Yeah man, they are that ex!. I think the TGM ones are about $35 - $40. I saw it at Music Theme and Ranking. Jack and Danny ukulele also available at Ranking for $60 if I'm not wrong.

Back