A ukelele question

i have a cheap samick ukulele.
ukulele_backpacker.jpg

yeah the maestro ones have solid wood instead of the usual laminate

i think ukeleles are really fun to play ahahaha

Last edited:
Alright, this is my Tenor ukulele, beside my ex-Elite
IMG_0773.jpg

this is my friend's J&D uke infront and my Maestro Uke behind.

ukes.jpg

My friend got his J&D uke from Music Theme, for only $80. Nice quality tenor uke. The strings will stay very much in tune after some seasoning. Great bang for the buck! The tone is brighter than my Maestro uke.

There are different sizes of ukulele that will also account to the price other than the wood. You have soprano, concert, tenor, baritone.

I think i probably bought the last ever tenor sized uke in Singapore. Maestro did not replace the one i bought off the rack. Music Theme doesn't sell anymore since my friend bought that last piece of tenor.

Soprano and concert size will be too small (for me at least). Maestro still has the baritone uke the last time i went, price is about SGD300-350 i think?

If anyone finds a decent tenor sized uke in Singapore, let me know..I plan to buy one more. I don't intend to splurge thousand over dollars over a kamaka like what my friend did in tokyo.. LoL

I'm Alex and I play the uke (and guitar)! How about a Singapore Ukelele Orchestra!!? Or perhaps this exists, as I've just arrived in Singapore - to live -from London. Cheers, Alex

ukelele

Hi
There is Glyn and Simon at Beatty Road. They bring in Kala brand of Hawaiian Ukes. Can go to FACEBOOK and look up Ukelele Movment Group.

ONG T H

I feel like getting an ukelele just for the fun of connecting to my synthesizer... would be funny... but expensive..

ukelele

HI
U can go to Facebook, Groups, Ukelele Movement,
Simon and Glyn bring in Kala brand of Hawaiian Ukes. Reasonablyprices

Hey Hide,

There's a Tenor Ukulele at Maestro Esplanade, full solid. UT-20. There's also a baritone one haha.

You might want to check them out.

Ukulele movement

HI
U can go to Facebook, Groups, Ukelele Movement,
Simon and Glyn bring in Kala brand of Hawaiian Ukes. Reasonablyprices

Hi Ong TH,
Thanks for the mention!!

Just to introduce ourselves, we've recently set up an initiative called UKULELE MOVEMENT to raise the awarenss of the ukulele in Singapore. There is an ukulele craze in US, Europe and Japan, but nothing yet in Singapore. So we're also organising activities, events, workshops to create an ukulele community here in Singapore and hopefully around the region.

By the way, we're organising an ukulele concert, showcasing James Hill an ukulele virtuoso from Canada. The concert will be held on 29 May 2009 at DBS Auditorium at 8pm. Tickets available at $25,$35, $45 from Sistic (after 23 Mar) or directly from us. Save $3 per ticket on Sistic booking fee if you book direct from us.

James Hill is also gonna conduct 2 workshops, one for beginner, one for intermediate on 30 May at The Arts House. Hurry, seats are filling up fast!! Details available at www.ukulelemovement.com or email ask@ukulelemovement.com to book.

Back