A Plea For Help From All SOFTies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh anybody who has XBOX LIve add my gamertag 'lerping' :)
I've been playing with DEXIAN on FIFA08 and kicking his sorry ass :p. ok lah it was best of 5 matches and I won like 3. cause he dribbles like a baby lol

anyone got ps3 ? my psn: holasholas :D

on a serious note , OFF TOPIC ALREADY!

anyway , there are some of the 7-11s in town doesn't have anymore LIME in stock. WOOO!

eh dude, u got FIFA 08? let's play tonight leh
Best of 5 matches!!!!

And yeah LIME has sold out in quite a few places :) Mostly thanks to all your word of mouth and the combined efforts of all the bands involved. Kudos to all of you!

And yeah LIME has sold out in quite a few places :) Mostly thanks to all your word of mouth and the combined efforts of all the bands involved. Kudos to all of you!

eh i think should be thanking mr levan. very good promoting of the local bands la. one magazine $3 with free 30 mp3s. wah lau! simply crazy.

Thought we should get started on comments on the songs:

1. Now we will
Great opening to the CD. Not too heavy and not too pop, relatively radio friendly song that both camps can enjoy. I like how it's arranged and recorded.

2. Munkee in the Closet
I really like this one. It's refreshing and interesting. I must admit I haven't heard any recordings of this genre. It's really nice to be able to hear everything balanced, as compared to watching them live where typically some instruments get lost in the mix.

3. Ladeda
I've heard this a couple of times so it's not as exciting hearing it this time. Another well arranged song and a good choice to include in the CD though.

4. The Bukkake Udon Song
I love the production on this song. Fun stuff that brings me back to the days of the Bored Phucks (before they became the suns). Hell he even sings with that accent, complete with the backing vocals and all.

5. Special Someone
Pop rock at one of its best moments. Good choice to put at one of the first few songs as it will be one of the more accessible songs to the mainstream media and population.

6. Bury
Another song with an overall good production. I thought the clean vocals could be done better, but the arrangement and the tightness of the band was impressive.

7. Uncalled For
I love the opening bass on this track, and the vocals are rocking. There were moments I really liked and some which I thought were a little iffy, but overall I liked it.

8. Disp rs
B Quartet (nuff said?). My only beef is that this track isn't higher up on the CD. Not that it's a matter of ranking, but it's a genre of it's own and I feel that the first few tracks should showcase the different genres to impress the different members of the population.

9. Worms On Concrete
This track impressed me quite a bit. The arrangements are good, and the vocals are strong. They have a strong sound which can easily be mistaken for some big overseas band (except during some parts of the clean vocals which I can recognise as singaporean(not that that's bad)).

10. If it wasn't for you
Back to another pop rock track. Can't comment too much as I'm involved in it's production and will leave skewed comments but I think it's a good placement for the song to mix things up.

11. Fake
I thought the song had a lot of potential. The production could have been better, but I liked the arrangement and the ideas. Another nice song that could be relatively mainstream friendly.

12. 8 Years Of Nothing
I'm not too experienced in this genre, but the production quality I think could be better? (Or is it supposed to sound like that?) The band is tight and has a lot of potential though.

13. Beautiful Killer
The last pop rock track on the CD. I've heard some of their other songs and I would have chosen a couple of them before this one, so I won't say too much haha.

14. Last Night At 12 I Felt Immense
Impressive song arrangements. Serious potential for these boys, lets hope they stick to it through army and the other obstacles growing up is going to bring.

15. Bored Aggression
I love the bass tone and the mix on the song. Nice vocals and tight playing.

16. Cruel Curves
Nice and tight band. They sound a little like the old Ronin. Nice to have a classic rock track on the CD. I thought the vocals could have been better.

17. Endless pain
I haven't listened to stuff like this in a long time. The band reminds me a lot of Green Jelly. Overall I really liked it, though I would have liked the vocals to be pushed a tinny bit more up front.

18. December Last Year
I like the ideas and most of the song's arrangement. The vocals could have been better though.

19. Last September
Pop pop pop! I know you harder heavier fans out there are squirming. But we do need stuff like this if we want to attract the general population to the local scene. On the first pass I didn't take much notice of this song, but it grew on me and I actually found myself humming the tune and wondering where I heard it from.

20. Thanks
I was impressed by the vocals and most of the arrangement. I thought some parts were a little iffy but overall it's a very nice song.

21. Me, Not Humphrey At 23
Wah Noel when did you guys record this? It's got the late 90's Singapore sound plastered all over it :D Fantastic stuff for people who remember those days. This is the stuff I heard when I first got into the local scene.

22. Rush
I absolutely love the production on this track. The vocals are polished and the arrangements are well thought out. Probably took a lot of patience and hard work to get this track out.

23. Entity
I thought the vocals were quite weak on this track. I did like some of the ideas, the band has some potential.

24. Replica
Some interesting ideas for this track. I didn't really feel for the song, but, I dunno.

25. Now suffer
Wow. Tight. Well arranged. Tight. Nice production. Good vocals. I'm not too sure what's going on in the underground scene but this band would probably be up there in the list of "must check out".

26. Crestfallen
Another well produced songs with very nice arrangements. The female vocals are excellent and the band is tight. I liked the usage of the keyboards.

27. Shush
As the CD opens with a couple of mainstreamish songs, this song helps bring the CD back to its close. Another tight band that reminds me of the The Suns, with their distinctive local flavour in the vocals.

28. Panaromic dissent
I liked the song and it's 80's metal sound. The production could have been better though I felt.

29. Die alone
I finally get to hear some slap bass. Nice song overall, I like how they mix things up a bit, with some funky bass parts and stuff.

30. Rakoo boomi
The closest thing Singapore has to Vai/Satch/Petrucci. The perfect track for guitar lovers.

There. Man that took a while. I've been a listener of all genres and my CD collection consists of Motorhead/Kreator on one end all the way to Enya/Micheal learns to rock on the other, with country, blues, jazz, electro, hokkien gua, reggae and everything else in between.

I love the idea of the CD having varied genres as different parts of the population have different tastes, and we want to hook all of them. What matters most is not the genre, but that the local scene begins to view all our artistes as capable and worth paying for and supporting.

hey guys,

Dont you think 3 bucks for a magazine and a CD is damn cheap?
Considering the quality for the CD and the well packaging?

Ps : not that I mind the cheap price la. But its UNBELIEVABLE lah. I wont mind paying $18.90 for a 30 songs Compilation. HAHA!

WELL DONE TO LIME! AND MEDIACORP! AND NOKIA AND LEVAN AND THE BANDS AND THE SUPPORTERS AND ................................. :)

Got them today. Surely a nice way to end off a Monday. Will be getting a few more for my friends overseas. Well done, Levan and Team

..... from Awe-In-One

Last edited:
Heh thanks for the comments. I like the run down and comments of the songs :)
With 30 songs on the compilation, it was quite chaotic to arrange it in such a way that as many people as possible are appeased, but I'll admit that the first few songs were selected for their mainstream accessibility. Afterall, the intention of the CD is both to cater to the scene kids who might have heard of some of the bands but not all, and the 'outsiders' who haven't heard ANY of the local bands before.

It's also the reason for the low price of the CD. It's a steal. But you'll be surprised how the majority of our nation would not part with 18 bucks for a local CD. The purpose of this compilation was to gradually but progressively introduce local music to these people, who might be hesitant at first, but through listening to this CD, might experience an enlightenment :)

I'm REALLY REALLY happy btw. Today we received quite a few mag fan emails from both scene kids and non-scene kids. From the non-scene kids, most of them were along the lines of "wow, I never knew local music could sound like this!" to "kudos to local talents for really stepping up their level". And it's all really encouraging. So if you haven't dropped an email yet, please write to writehere@lime.com.sg and let your opinions be known. It'll help when we forward it to management (the big people above us lowly cogs in the machine lol).

I've got some GOOD news coming up soon but I'm legally not allowed to say just yet :| But it'll be something awesome to look forward to by mid-year this year. And it was only possible thanks to you guys above all else.

P.S. Thanks for the compliments of the Bukkake Udon song :) I really did want to write a fun song without going emo. Happy fun-loving rock music to wake up in the morning to.

Last edited:
It's sold out in some places but you should have some luck at patrol stations or mama shops. I know some of the 7-11s have sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back