SOLD WTS 1987 MIJ Ibanez RG 550 RF (Road Flare Red) with Upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgmlover

I have one MIJ Ibanez RG 550 RF from 1987 to let go (First Year production for RG 550 Model). Condition is 8.5/10 (due to a hairline surface crack at the neck area where the Top Lock Nut are placed - See photos), But it is not affecting the guitar playability and sound in anyway. Body is unblemished by not more than 3 tiny hairline scratches. Neck is very season and Fret life still more than 75% left (Fret Life replacements a couple of years back) and the neck is as straight as an arrow. Guitar body is still very glossy. Guitar has been professional set up and is low action. Guitar is missing the back plate and tremolo arm. It does not come with any carrying guitar bag (Buyer to bring his/her own). The PUs set have been upgraded with SDs.....Cannot really remember which model, but if im not wrong, its PAF PRO. Volume and Tone knob has been changed to a yellow colour Ibanez ones and the 5 way switch knob is now green in colour. All electronics working well.

I am offering this Super Shredder dream guitar for just SGD$600 (Firm), due to the hairline surface cracked at the Top Lock Nut area. Again, i stress that the guitar playability and tone are not affected by it.

If transaction can be completed by 1pm tomorrow afternoon (3rd April 2014), i will let go the guitar for just SGD$550 (Firm). If you want the original V1 and V2 PUs too, please add another SGD$50 to the pricing.

You may check in Ebay, that the Pricing for MIJ Ibanez RG 550 from 1987-1992 has increased about 15-20% the last year alone.

Guitar Specifications

Body material: Basswood
Neck joint: Tilt Joint
Bridge: Original Edge
Hardware color: Black
Pickguard: Black
Neck type: Wizard
Neck material: 1-piece Maple
Fingerboard: Maple
Inlays: Dots
Frets: 24 / Jumbo
PU Config: HSH
Neck PU: IBZ V1 (Vintage 1) Upgraded with SD
Mid PU: IBZ S1 (Single 1) Upgraded with SD
Bridge PU: IBZ V2 (Vintage 2) Upgraded with SD
Controls:1 Volume / 1 Tone / 5-Way Lever

Photos will be up very soon.

Ibanez RG550 Wiki :

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG550

Interested parties please contact me here thru PM, or if my PM inbox is full, to leave a thinker here to let me know that you are interested. Transaction venue will be around Admiralty MRT Station Macdonalds or a venue that is agreed by the seller (me) and the buyer. My timings are flexible, so PM to arrange a timing. I will also be listing a few more guitars to sell as i have way too many.

* I am a guitar collector who is very interested in collectable guitars from Japan Golden Age (1977-1985). These really collectable guitars have seen a raise in value, consistently for the last 5 years or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back