Wrestling (WWE/WCW/ECW/TNA)

faizal_rocks

Hi all

Let's talk about wrestling shows here, both WWE and TNA. I've been an avid wrestling fan since I was young, maybe 7? I still remember watching WWF (which WWE was known back then)Superstars from the early 90s to about 1996. I think around 1996, Chn 5 stopped broadcasting those and I had no cable tv back then..but as of late, just started to discover what I've been missing out via Youtube hehe..

I remember the 90s when Bret Hart was my fav wrestler..then as the years go by, u have Shawn Michaels,The Undertaker The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H (remember his snobbish gentleman gimmick back then?), Mankind, John Cena, Batista and more.

I don't think Chn 5 showed any WCW shows back then. I watched the history of it and found out WCW became popular sumwhere in 1996, thanks to a heel faction called the NWO (Hulk Hogan turned heel for the 1st time and that was considered one of the most shocking moments in wrestling history).

Ok, I`ll let the rest of u keen fans type ur input here. :)

If u got any interesting wrestling video links to watch, do provide them here!

WCW was shown on late nites on RTM 1 back in the 80s. That time Sting had the "Ultimate Warrior" like make-up due to the fact that they were once tag-team partners for a year when they first broke out professionally.

Though the late 80s and early 90s had some great wrestlers and classic matches, I believe the most interesting pro wrestling happenings were around the late 90s where both WWF and WCW had their own great storylines. WWF had Monday Night Raw and WCW had Nitro. WWF had DX and WCW had NWO. WWF had Stone Cold and WWE had Goldberg. WWF had The Rock and WWE had Booker T (he was a cheap imitation back then).

However Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior is still considered by me to be one of the classic matches ever, WCW went one step better with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WchFkNDV44U

Luckily back then got TNT (after Cartoon Network broadcast timing at 9pm) on the original SCV which showed WCW!!

TNA used to be shown over at Ch 18 or 19 and also Ch 24 I think.
WWE still showing over at CH 22 and the drama is getting funny and funnier :mrgreen:.

HBK works for JBL.
Hardy Boyz fighting each other.
Rated R Superstar :mrgreen: "married" to Vicki Guerrero who is the GM of SD!

Ahhh the drama is better than watching CSI/Heroes/PCK :twisted:

And The Divas ... getting hotter and hotter!! :)~~~

i remember when kurt angle had hair, and the kane still wore a mask. and the rock used to bring his guitar into the ring to sing stupid songs..

ahh... the good ol days

old skool raslin' is dah best

I missed those 80's WWF raslin'. Old skool they may be, but these wrestling characters were really colourful back then. Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, The British Dog, The Hart Foundation, Adorable Adrian Adonis, Macho Man Randy Savage, The Iron Sheik, Nicolai Volkoff, Greg Hammer Valentine, Brutus Beefcake, King Kong Bundy, Big John Stud, etc..etc...

My most memorable moment is of course Wrestlemania 1 back in the mid 80's. It was a ground breaking moment in pro wrestling history back then. In the finale, we had the tag team of Hulk Hogan & Mr-T (guest appearance) versus Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff & Rowdy Roddy Piper, with Cowboy Bob Orton (father of Randy Orton) at their side.

Yea, old school wrestling is the best. From the mid 80s, it became popular and got better n better, commercializing wrestling at the same time. Stil remember The Rockers (Marty Jeneatty and Shawn Michaels), The Bushwhackers, Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase (the evil laugh!hahahahahha!), Virgil, Hercules, Haku, Ravishing Rick Rude, Strike Force (Tito Santana/Rick Martel), Bad News Brown etc.

I remember becoming shocked when The Rockers broke up, with Shawn Michaels throwing Marty thru the glass window. Of coz, from there, SM became HBK and still is today :) Oh and who could forget the commentators, Gorilla Monsoon, Jesse "The Body" Ventura and of coz Vince McMahon :)

Looks like this is going to be the official wrestling thread since there isn't one yet so far :)

I admit I've been watching TNA more than WWE, to me, TNA has great wrestling skills to showcase but WWE is more on drama n less on wrestling skills, not like the good old WWF days, they have a good mixture of both. I'm not suprised John Cena gets booed cos his wrestling abilities are poor, I mean the FU doesn't seem to be a devastating finisher haha:p

The tag-team today also not as shiok as the old days. Nowadays tag-team is more like 2 individual known wrestler comes together to be partners.

LOD, Bushwhackers :mrgreen:, 3D, Rockers, now that's what I call tag-team :mrgreen:.
Waiting for The Game to rope in a couple of guys to create his own team :twisted:.

i remember the 6-way Hell-in-a-Cell match where Undertaker chokeslam-ed Mick Foley from the top down to a truck below.

other than that.. no really a big fan ah.

I'm not suprised John Cena gets booed cos his wrestling abilities are poor, I mean the FU doesn't seem to be a devastating finisher haha:p
Aye. the FU seems more like a sideway bodyslam. Not too devastating.

IMO, the most devastating looking finishing move was the "Ghostbuster" executed by a certain Birdman Koko B Ware. It's a combo move of a suplex and a DDT.

Hi to all wrestling fans......

please go watch "the wrestler" at cathay.

one of the best films of the year.

btw the character Randy "the Ram" Robinson from the movie has "challenged" chris jericho in an interview, might be appearing in this wrestlemania......

Back