Who knows "LoveHunters" ?

imryanang

Hey Guys.. recently i just come across this band that i heard was a band that every popular in the early 80s and there were only 3 of them in this band named "lovehunters". Moliano was the guitarist... anyone here know more abt this and what kind of song were they playing, and how popular they were. And what were they doing now... ? thanks. U can email to me too imryanang@yahoo.com.sg

i think it cud be the 90s. They do malay songs and english songs. They have a hit on 98.7 back in 90s called "angel in the night"

I think they are still around thou, but not so much doing english rock stuff.

You might like to youtube that angel in the night song and google bout their news. I remember seeing some news on them last year or the year before still making music and appearing on suria channel or some sort

who were the lead singer then? I wanna know abt the guitarist "Moliano" ... can tell more him too or the band too.

who were the lead singer then? I wanna know abt the guitarist "Moliano" ... can tell more him too or the band too.

The dummer was called Sam (Saha), The singer/bassist was Nyazid, and the guitarist was Moliano... They're still around... Playing in Malaysia and SG clubs...

Yep I'm familiar with thh dudes. back in 1991 I was their label chief when theyw ere signed with Warner Music Singapore.

Kick ass band for a 3 pc outfit .

Kinda lost touch with them though.

Their English song "Angel in the night" was a big hit back in the 90s. Other than that I heard from my friend are Malay songs.

Lovehunter

Did saw Moliano wen was having an open jammin wif few senior musicians at fyerworks....

U bros may wana check dat place out cos after we whole band jammin.....( I did left earlier cos was quite late)...... TZ, Kindom in rock jamin dat nite....

A cool place for old timers.......and Nazeer(the owner) is a nice guy....(Sori...not promoting the place)

I tink Moliano was doin a recording on a studio upstairs......not sure really cos did not go up....

Well....feel free to check the place out......

They are old skool band; I believe they used to play in California Jam in Tanglin Shopping ctr and Woodstock at roof top or Far East Plaza in the 80s. Another band called Reeha of something also from the same era.

last time I heard one of them open a jam studio. I think the House of Rock pub still got some of their posters.

last saw them at Woodstock.....later change name to THe WaLL.....at far east plaza....

yeah I played there in 1992 or 93...real rough house. We start our 1st set at 1030pm / alternate sets with the other band and finish at 330am

siong those days

Ah, one of my fav local bands. . .

Lovehunters are still around, but not really that active lah. Saw them last year playing a gig at the now defunct GasHaus. Vocalist/bassist, Yazid is concentrating on his solo career. I think he's based in KL right now. Moliano no longer played for them for like so long i think. Not really sure what the drummer, Sahar, is doing right now. When they played at GasHaus last year, they were using a session guitarist. They used to have a myspace account but was deactivated coz someone hacked into their account. . .

Hit songs include, "Sambutlah Kasihku", "Ku Ukir Namamu", "Demam", "Angel in the Night" etc. . . You can listen to these songs at imeem.com. . .

Hope that shed some light on the topic. . .

Last i heard from a contact was that Moliano has moved to Jakarta and doing recordings for the artistes there.

By the way, does anyone have the tabs for "Angel in the Night" ? Can email me or forward the link here? Thanks!!!

Arsony

yo

moliano is still around in sg,to n fro bandung once in a while ,he's more into studio works nowadays, Ady,u forgot bout me????:) ,lefty bassman with a gibson thunderbird.lovehunters still around.only doing events and recording n sometimes gigging with session gtrist.

thanks for the info ... how was moliano's guitar? good ? really wanna hear him play again... what is he doing now ? heard he is in the perkamus too.

Oh man, how can I ever forget the first night Lovehunters played in Fire Disco back in the 90s, when I worked there as a service captain right after army?

Moliana actually set fire to his electric guitar after a song and passed it to the crowd and they went wild!

Almost every night they played, mat rockers and hot babes from the American school alike throng that discotheque (nowadays it's called club :mrgreen:) and every set was like a 'live' rock concert where the audience will actually congregate in front of the stage and headbanged. Seeing them perform songs from Deep Purple and all that was nothing short of amazing, even though I got to see them every single night.

At Fire, there were actually 4 of them on stage. The other guitarist was a guy named Akie and the chemistry was excellent man. Now Akie's operating Stone Jamz in South Bridge Road.

The guys are really great lah. Once they came early for soundchecks and I was there locking up the KTV rooms and Moliano even lent me his Gibson Les Paul with the wireless hookup and I was walking up and down the KTV aisles playing his guitar. Priceless man, I tell you.

And they've still got it man. Last year I saw them in a gig at Orchard Towers but without Moliano. It was Man Kidal on the axe instead, and I tell you - just the three of them (Yazid, Man Kidal and Sahar) can definitely rock the stage man. Their charisma, their energy and their talent is really FOOH!!! Indescribable sia.

Some people are just born to do this man.

hi

What year was that ? And how moliano called u that time?
Oh man, how can I ever forget the first night Lovehunters played in Fire Disco back in the 90s, when I worked there as a service captain right after army?

Moliana actually set fire to his electric guitar after a song and passed it to the crowd and they went wild!

Almost every night they played, mat rockers and hot babes from the American school alike throng that discotheque (nowadays it's called club :mrgreen:) and every set was like a 'live' rock concert where the audience will actually congregate in front of the stage and headbanged. Seeing them perform songs from Deep Purple and all that was nothing short of amazing, even though I got to see them every single night.

At Fire, there were actually 4 of them on stage. The other guitarist was a guy named Akie and the chemistry was excellent man. Now Akie's operating Stone Jamz in South Bridge Road.

The guys are really great lah. Once they came early for soundchecks and I was there locking up the KTV rooms and Moliano even lent me his Gibson Les Paul with the wireless hookup and I was walking up and down the KTV aisles playing his guitar. Priceless man, I tell you.

And they've still got it man. Last year I saw them in a gig at Orchard Towers but without Moliano. It was Man Kidal on the axe instead, and I tell you - just the three of them (Yazid, Man Kidal and Sahar) can definitely rock the stage man. Their charisma, their energy and their talent is really FOOH!!! Indescribable sia.

Some people are just born to do this man.

Back