White Lion

sLapshock

Anyoen hear them? 80's hair metal band... the vocalist has a god damn nice haorse voice man.... and the guitarist..... the tone... that tone... (especially in the song HUNGRY)..i was like wow when i hear it... and his guitar solo's(especially in the song called LADY IN THE VALLEY)... oh my god!!

rock on... i got all their stuff...haha... really love all their songs....

p/s: and i know WHEN THE CHILDRENS CRY is a very very common song...shd hear their other stuff.. like LADY IN THE VALLEY, BROKENHEART, HUNGRY... bla bla..

this kkind of rock always in my heart man..80's forever!

white lion

yes white lion forever!!!too bad vito bratta just left the band and never wanted to come back.love the band and the guitar solos were so damn melodic.music to the ears really.my fave is love dont come easy and till death do us part.vito is the few who can really tap and create unique riffs and solos.man really miss white lions stuff.

by the way heres my take of till death do us part solo.did this a year back
not too good as there were mistakes but ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khLeQy89S9M

do comment guys :wink:

White Lion really rocks!!! :supz:

Anyway, I've only listened to 'When The Children Cry' only in my whole life.. But, would like to explore on White Lion for the time being... Any good recommendations on their songs? :smt003

Heh...Edder, then you must listen to the Eddie Trunk's 3-hr interview with Vito! Damn funny how they talked about hearing rumours of Vito being from a property agent to pizza shop owner to making a living using computer! *lol* But sad to hear him mentioning about his injury to his hand that prevented him from playing too much guitar these days :cry:

And it's also quite sad to see the tension between Mike Tramp and him, since Mike's been 'carrying on' the White Lion legacy under the name, Mike Tramp's White Lion :roll:

ZamMaiden, you can check out youtube for songs like Wait, Little Fighter, Radar Love, You're all I need, Cry for freedom, etc... oh, and they did an instrumental song, Blue Monday, as a tribute for SRV...very nice feel and all...do check it out :)

White Lion IS Vito and Mike.

The signature riffs and the permanent sore throat.

There are some videos on you tube showing Vito's techniques, very interesting the way he play so effortlessly.

Hahah....damn funny but true description, edder :p

Anyway, tomkeifer, here's the link (http://eddietrunk.com/interviewsindex.php)...just scroll down a bit and you'll see the interviews :) It's a bitter-sweet interview though...cos on one hand, we finally got to hear from Vito after like...15 years...but you also hear about how/why he's not moving much musically due to practical issues like finance/labels/family matters/etc.

Oh...Do check out Mike Tramp's response to Vito's interview too... :lol:

Back