what pickup has super boosted mids????

LimpPisskit

I'm looking 4 a humbucker pup with average bass and highs (or even compressed bass and highs) but with super boosted extreme mids. I wanna put it in an ash fat strat with scooped mids. The guitar already has more than enough highs and bass but it has no mids!

thx

Tonezone has lots of mids.

I have it on my strat (well actually it's tonezone-S, single coil size tonezone).

Seymour duncan custom custom. It has bosted lower mids. Or u can go for the JB.. boosted higher mids.. or get a tubescreamer in the pedal department.

popeye said:
Tonezone has lots of mids.

I have it on my strat (well actually it's tonezone-S, single coil size tonezone).

subjective. the TZ sounds scooped in certain guitars.

i still believe that when it comes to midrange, Duncan's JB is king.

I use Tonezones in both neck and bridge in my Ibanez S520EX.

Its positively the fattest tones I have ever tried... And yeah, pumped full of mids.

To me, a JB sounds more rockish and crunchy, but the TZ is all chugga ...

I've got a JB in my bridge. Maple neck, mahogany bodied RG.

It sounds great clean, and a real jazzy tone with rolled down tone. And the distortion, its crunchy and clear. No mud whatsoever! Harmonics are easy, too!

Maybe you should give Seymour Duncan's JB a shot?

Oh yeah, one thing abt the Tonezone though.. its got this awww sound to it... like a wah in a fixed position kind of awww sound.

Personally, I love it... However, there are some who dislike it. ;)

If possible, try a couple of combinations... personal preference plays too big a part on this... and besides, you can always trade/resell a pup! ;)

u could either :
get an eq pedal
boost ur amp mid...
install tbx system
but from my experience the dimarzio double whammy had extreme mid but i
prefer duncan distortion followed by Jb.. i like raw tone..

Back