What are your thoughts on Swee Lee service centre?

zainprox

I had bad experiences with them in the past, and now i'm not sure if i should bring my guitar back for a set up. I suspect my guitar has uneven frets but i don't know if i should bring my guitar back there or if i should just pay someone else to set up my guitar for me.

Previously i left my guitar there at their service centre for because my Edge Zero II was going out of tune. When i went all the way back there to collect my guitar, it was in the same state as when i left it there, and the problem was still there! And the technician still give some grandfather story about how only OFR's and the trems from the prestiges could hold perfect tuning and gave me a lot of false information...

Oh and btw, does anyone know how to go to the shop where Beez works? I know the address but i'm unsure how to get there. I'm currently considering taking my guitar either back to swee lee, TYMC or Beez. Also, who do you guys recommend for set up and possibly some fret work? My guitar currently has fret buzz, even on high action:(. Thanks!

If you know the address just use a site like gothere.sg.

Like the other thread about Davis, Swee Lee is a retailer/distributor. Not luthier. I wouldn't see it as reasonable to expect master craftsmanship from them.

Any estimation on the price and any idea on the location?

Edit: Oh! Is this the Malcolm that everyone in this forum talks about?

Go to Beez.
He's located at Roxy Square, opposite parkway parade.
Take buses 43,135,76 from Paya Lebar MRT.
Give him a call at 97732633, must book appointment.
He's good, he'll even teach you basic stuff!

I had exactly the same problem as u zainprox. No change to my buzzing after I sent it to swee lee service centre. Thanks zest, I'm gonna make appointment with Beez to get my brand new buzzing strat to not buzz.

Go to Beez.
He's located at Roxy Square, opposite parkway parade.
Take buses 43,135,76 from Paya Lebar MRT.
Give him a call at 97732633, must book appointment.
He's good, he'll even teach you basic stuff!
I assume he charges the usual market rate? about $40 to $60?

Perhaps you could try fixing the problem yourself? Like... try to learn how to set up an Edge Zero 2? Like that you'll be able to save money, and the problem might disappear all together.

Personally, my experience with them was... to say the least unpleasant. I left my guitar with them, outlined what I wanted, when I wanted it. Was meant to collect on a wednesday. I called them in the morning to remind them that I would collect the guitar. AND GUESS WHAT.
They did nothing. Zilch. Nada.
When I called, they told me the guy who I spoke to was not at work that day. I told them I still would collect the guitar. I went at 3. They told me it wasnt ready. I came back at 4. One of the staff was working on it. And to add insult to injury, he had the cheek to tell me that I should call beforehand.

From then on, I did all set-ups on my own.

Last edited:
Back