Wad cymbals do u guys have...

You guys are in for a treat! The lazy me has gotten up some testing with the cymbals using the Zoom H2:

Tested using Pro-Mark Hot Rods (first 20" light then 22" Medium)
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=DIdXIt

Tested using 7A Sugar Maple Vater sticks (first 22" medium then 20" light)
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=TQe8Vd

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

hey guys. Here are the picture for my totally new set of cymbals.
Upgraded all my cymbals!

P1030325.jpg

P1030326.jpg

P1030327.jpg

P1030328.jpg

From left to right:
BACKROW
Sabian 21"aax stage ride
Sabian 18" Handhammered China
Sabian 18" Handhammered Dark Crash

FRONTROW
Sabian 14" aax studio hi hats
Sabian 16" AA medium-thin crash
Sabian 8" handhammered splash
Sabian 10" AA splash.
Sabian 15" AA extra thin crash

Pictures of my drumset is in the official drum thread.

Last edited:
Very nice collection I must say, retardedrummer. Nice upgrades from your previous collection. Especially that HH Chinese.

jeepers: thanks thanks! your cymbals you are selling are also very impressive! why sell man!Got the HH chinese from desidnova:) haha

mel80: no la.. no more cymbals la. the MAX ill get is a 12/14" mini chinese. but thats not neccessary. so most probably i wont get one. Im more into splashes than chinas. haha.

Update

Hi-hats:

13" Zildjian Remix Jungle hats
14" Paiste Sound Creation Dark Heavy hats
14" Bosphorus Turk Light hats
15" Zildjian Avedis Sweet hats

Crashes:

17" Zildjian K Custom Dark crash
18" Zildjian K Custom Dark crash
18" Zildjian K Constantinople crash
18" Sabian HHXtreme crash
20" Zildjian A Custom crash

Rides:

20" Paiste Sound Creation New Dimension Dark Medium ride
20" Meinl Byzance Extra-Thin Jazz ride
21" Meinl Byzance Medium ride
21" Sabian Fierce ride
24" Zildjian K Light ride
24" Zildjian Avedis '60s ride

Effects:

20" Paiste Sound Creation Dark China
20" Zildjian Oriental Crash of Doom

Tricky, I could prolly name them all except the two other HHX cymbals. A HHXtreme crash and a 16" Evolution crash? But great great additions to your setup man, really. How much did the Ozone set you back by? Thinking of getting one at the Swee Lee sale.

Haha thanks man. Nah...18" HHX Evo Crash, Hats and Ozone. The ozone costed me *cough*..not during sale...got a good price if ya know what I mean haha. Yah sale coming...lets go together man...alot of stuff in mind...

Last edited:
Latest acquisition of Turkish delights... may be the only ones in the world... period.

P1010028-2.jpg

Millennium 19" Ride
Zephyros 13" & 15" China
Studio 13" Hi-Hats

Specially customized according to my order. Not found in the catalogue. I am going Turkish from now on as they provide personalize customization (not really an open secret). My next order are sizes that will end with '.5'. eg 13.5" Hi-hats, 16.5" Crash. This is going to be very interesting.

Here are some pictures of my new cymbal!

She's a 17" Istanbul Agop Turk Crash. Quite thin, very dark and dry, definitely much darker than any other 17" crash I've EVER heard. Very organic and trashy sounding. It's also great for riding in jazz applications, as it is quite dry. I got her for a great price off of member drum_hobbyist who was kind enough to wait for me in the lobby ; )

It definitely matches very well with my 21" Legacy ride. I'd love to get a 20" Zildjian Oriental Crash of Doom though. Luckily the Zildjian distributors here in Malaysia are having their year-end sale, IF they have any Crash of Dooms available, maybe I'll pick one up.

agop2.jpg

agop1.jpg

agop3.jpg

agop4.jpg

Nice score! I was really tempted, but I didn't need another crash! Lovely pictures.

And dude, the Oriental CoDs are great. I'm using mine as a light ride and big crash. Pretty usable bell on mine too. Picked the lighter and lower-pitched of the two when Yamaha (Singapore) first brought them CoDs in. I don't regret the purchase one bit.

Damn, it's really tempting. I'm thinking of selling my HHX Evolution ride to get a CoD. There's one selling in KL for 40% off brand new! It's going for SGD267 (RM654)

Back