Wad cymbals do u guys have...

Hahaha assuming I can find the time! I'm very overworked at NS, *AND* outside NS too... maybe in a few weeks time I might become more free (hopefully!)

I never knew sabian lathed bands like that...

Hi! I just got the Zildjian K Constantinople Hi Bell Thin Low 22" Ride. Now discontinued. Zildjian still produces the Hi Bell Thin Hi Rides though. My Thin Low weighs 2325g and has a fundamental note of C when crashed. Perfect for jazz as C is a common note for jazz keys such as: C, D, Eb, F, G and Bb. Therefore, the cymbal blends with the music. Compared to samples of Thin Hi on cymbalsonly.com that weigh less than my Thin Low, mine is still lower in pitch. So I'm very happy. I guess it has to do with the cymbal profile, mine being a little flatter than the Thin Hi. I'm pitch crazy so don't mind me. :) I'll have to add a Hi Bell Thin Low 20" for a left side ride and I'll be good. For hats, I'm currently using Istanbul Mehmet Light Hats that weigh 950g top/1100g bottom.

Hi! I just got the Zildjian K Constantinople Hi Bell Thin Low 22" Ride. Now discontinued. Zildjian still produces the Hi Bell Thin Hi Rides though. My Thin Low weighs 2325g and has a fundamental note of C when crashed. Perfect for jazz as C is a common note for jazz keys such as: C, D, Eb, F, G and Bb. Therefore, the cymbal blends with the music. Compared to samples of Thin Hi on cymbalsonly.com that weigh less than my Thin Low, mine is still lower in pitch. So I'm very happy. I guess it has to do with the cymbal profile, mine being a little flatter than the Thin Hi. I'm pitch crazy so don't mind me. :) I'll have to add a Hi Bell Thin Low 20" for a left side ride and I'll be good. For hats, I'm currently using Istanbul Mehmet Light Hats that weigh 950g top/1100g bottom.

Best post in months.

Great set of cymbals you have. Them Light hats are pretty interesting, wouldn't really call 'em light at those weights though!

Pictures please! :)

Thanks Jeepers! I'll post the pictures next weekend. Gotta "check in" to camp soon. No internet at Jalan Bahar Civil Defence Academy :(

See you guys next weekend!

Cool.I was from 31st...haha.A few of my mates are probably your instructors.Go station ah...2 days off good for practicing drums man.

My cymbals.

Hello hello softies, I've never posted pics here before so I hope they work. I am itching to expand my cymbal collection soon. This is what I currently have. Sorry about the first 2 blurry pics. I was too excited when I first got my pies haha.

ojmesg.jpg

13" K Lights
91foub.jpg

16" AAX Stage Crash
29vgr3p.jpg

20" K Custom Dark Ride

The AAX doesn't really fit anymore. But nothing I want has popped up on buy/sell yet. I also have HHX stage hats and a Paiste 101 crash not being used.

Nothing has changed since I last posted like... a year ago? Haha only a few reshuffles here and there...

Current setup:

15" K light hats
16" A custom crash
17" A custom crash
20" K custom medium ride

I recently purchased an 18" istanbul mehmet crash, awaiting pickup, and a 20" istanbul traditional medium ride. The ride's with my friend, but I can say that it's fantastic... more value for money than (I'm sorry fanboys of the Big 3) any of the big 3 cymbal makers can deliver. I mean... $300+ for a ride that sounds so fantastic compared to almost $500+ for rides made by the big 3.

DSC00322.jpg

oh and a pearl demon drive single pedal :D

New pics of my Sabian family portrait. Sold off and bought some new ones. The Meinl Filter Chinese's Thomas Lang signature is still nicely intact hehe.

Sabian-familyportrait260609-02.jpg

HHX & Vault series:

Sabian-familyportrait260609-HHX.jpg

Handhammered series:

Sabian-familyportrait260609-Handham.jpg

AA, AAX & Pro Sonix series:

Sabian-familyportrait260609-AAXAAPr.jpg

Cymbal list:

HHX 18" Ozone Crash
HHX 18" Chinese
HHX 7" Evolution Splash
HHXtreme 16" Crash
HHXplosion 19" Crash
HHX 14" Groove Hats
Vault 16" Crash
Hand Hammered 20" Duo Ride
Hand Hammered 18" Chinese
Hand Hammered 16" Thin Chinese
Hand Hammered 14" Mini Chinese
Hand Hammered 6" Splash
AAX 15" Crash
AA 16" Thin Crash
Pro Sonix 8" Splash

My favorites now are the HHXtreme Crash (trashy!!), HH Mini Chinese (great for accents!) and HHX Evo Splash (a chilli padi!).

Last edited:
Hey alvyn how do your light hats go with the ride? I have the K custom medium ride as well, don't see many ppl with it. I've got A custom projection hats which I don't really like, got them for more rock/heavier stuff last time. But my rides and crashes later on I got more jazzy/darker stuff and so not very happy with my hats now.

Mel, your cymbal family is crrrrazzzy!

But I know you wrote "The Meinl Filter Chinese's Thomas Lang signature is still nicely intact hehe" for me.

GOOD FOR YOU! HEHEHEHEHEH! ;)

killerbee:

Together we scream:
"AHHHH LANNNNGGG!!" lol

My cymbal family is considered very small if Fuman (drumhobbyist) takes pics of his entire cymbal collection loh! :p

Bosphorus masters series Flat Ride 20"

@Composer Of Requiems:
:) If you bought this off the Drums-Buy-Sell Forum, you are the one who nicked this great cymbal piece from me as I was a little late :)

Awesome vintage cymbal sound and a true masterpiece. It sounds very nice recorded. Sharp eye for spotting great value :) The same type of cymbal from the Istanbul brand would costs 2.5x more !!!

You really do eat cymbals :)

@Composer Of Requiems:
:) If you bought this off the Drums-Buy-Sell Forum, you are the one who nicked this great cymbal piece from me as I was a little late :)

Awesome vintage cymbal sound and a true masterpiece. It sounds very nice recorded. Sharp eye for spotting great value :) The same type of cymbal from the Istanbul brand would costs 2.5x more !!!

You really do eat cymbals :)

Yeah, it was! It's awesome, I don't think I'll ever be selling that one =P

Hope you manage to grab another!

Back