Valbee owners - Advice on tubes change

Ripper

Yo all Valbee owners,

Please kindly contribute to this thread and states the brand of tubes you have used for the replacement, the sound quality and the place where you acquire the tubes.

Thanks many!!

valbee.png
[/URL][/img]

Aiee, a VALBEE tube thread! Just what I need! :D

Do anyone's valbee hum?? Or could it be just mine. I've been dying to settle my valbee issues here...

Oh, I'm thinking of swapping the preamp with a Tung-sol 12AX7..

Okok, I have started my own thread finally lol. Don't wish to hijack this one :wink:
If you wish to help, please look for the other one thanks!

Hmm any thoughts about tung-sol 12AX7's? Which would affect the valbee's sound more: preamp or power tube?

i heard good reviews about JJs n TSs but have not tried them yet.

telefunken anyone?? :twisted: you can try and get the valves by the brand of valvo from e-bay. they are (more or less) the same as telefunken...except the price.

i'm expecting a pair of sylvania soon ;) got them cheap from e-bay.

I've tried JJ ECC83S. It's well balanced and has good definition.

For the power tubes, there's the Sovtek 5881 (6L6WGC) and EH 6L6GC. The 5881 is darker sounding. It's supposedly military grade (from what I've read) and will last longer. I prefer the EHs, they sure sound sweet. It's brighter than the stock power tubes.

Oh, my amp hums like a bee, too. I wonder if that's the reason they call it ValBEE. Ha.hahaha... It's not very audible when playing but when I stop, I can hear it. With the boost engaged and gain turned up, it gets louder. Doesn't seem to be anything to do with the input. Is there anyone who I can send it to for a look?

have not tried the JJs in my ValBee, but it was in my Marshall DSL401. these are for those of us in search of something less American in drive definition.

Back