Thinking of getting an electric practice guitar

Kinokunya

Hi people,

I've been playing my acoustic guitar for close to 9 months but am still quite noobish, playing mostly open + a few barre chords so far. Chanced upon some Japanese songs, and watching people's covers on YouTube got me tempted to get myself an electric guitar. I'm thinking CORT brand guitars, but am on a rather budget of ard $150 to $250. Is there any recommendations for a decent starter electric guitar?

Please advice and thank you. :)

Check out standard value's Timbre.Should set you back about 300 max.Does the budget include and amp?

If so its best to increase the budget a little more.

And while you're at Standard Value, check out the Smash S2. I consider it more versatile than the Timbre SR-200 because the Smash S2 has a humbucker and two singlecoil pickups, whereas the SR-200 has three singlecoil pickups.

Humbuckers are good if you want to go into heavier distortion territory like Dir en Grey, etc.

I agree with the 2 choices above. Play 'em and see which feels good in your hands. Those are Strat copies btw. If you're looking for a Les Paul copy, SV's Rally is a good choice too. That will set you back bout $400, though.

Yes both the models Dime and EugeneSmasher posted got me interested in the Strat copies. I did some searching around other Strat copies and found the Cort G budget series. Any insights for the G210 2T make? The sunburst effect looks nice on electric guitars. Prior to that, I was never a fan of sunburst when I shopped for my acoustic.

Here's an image I got off Google:
1447477_800.jpg

Budget should be around $200 for the guitar itself, aside to that, a measly $100-150 to settle for a budget amp. :)

my vote's gonna be on timbre as well. if not, if ur a little more brand concious, squire by FENDER. yeah. by, FENDER. haha. but but, timbre la

The Timbre SR200 comes in a package.So you'll get everything you need.Plus add another 70 and get a decent SoundDrive amp.

Yes I'm reading up the reviews on the Timbre SR200. Should be it liao..thanks for all the comments guys! Will need to scrimp a bit cannot spend too much to aquascape my aquarium already. Shiet, is the image below a les paul? But I still think strat looks nicer somewhat. :???:

K-On%21_manga_volume_1_cover.jpg

Just wondering will the electric guitar amp e.g. the Sound Drive SG-15 work with electric acoustic guitars too? My current guitar is an Ibanez AW15ECE electric acoustic.

Last edited:
Back