something i did wrong??

bf0502tr

hey peeps. i recently restrung my strat with a diff string than the ones i usually use, but its the same guage. however, i realised that my high E string always go out of tune (as in seriously half step down) after heavy usage...the problem is its only the high E string. i subject all the other strings to equally heavy usage, esp the bass strings. but only the trebble E goes out of tune. is there supposed to be a specific way to restring for fender's 6-in-line headstocks?? cos what i did was just use the same amount of string leeway for each tuner (one and a half tuner spacing). extra info just in case its necessary: my headstock only has string tree for the B and E strings.

sian...lol. will leaving the guitar outside the box give the strings some needed time to stretch??

20070902-facepalm1.jpg

How can the strings stretch if no excessive force is applied to them? Doesn't take much time to tug on them to stretch them.

Last edited:
Just keep playing and re-tuning for some time till they stretch out evenly.
Maybe you kept the other strings tight while re-stringing and tuning, hence they aren't slipping as much as the high E. I normally literally pull my strings upwards (away from the fretboard) after re-stringing; it doesn't stop them from slipping, but surely minimizes the slipping.

'Big Bend's Nut Sauce'...?
by guitar tech Bill Baker of NJ teaches you his way to restring an electric and acoustic guitar along with tips to clean, lube, and check over your guitar so you can get the best from it.

:p

Back