Some questions on bass equipment

Sunnybass

HI guys,

Can anyone tell me what is coil tapping on the pickup means and basically what is the purpose? Also what does the overdrive, limiter enhancer and bass synthesizer do? Really wanna laern more as i'm still quite a greenhorn on bass effects. Thanks guys!

if i m not mistaken , coil tapping isnt really an effect.

the coil tap allows u to split the humbucker into a single coil , giving u a single coil sound or a solo J sound in most cases.

hope this helps :D

overdrive is simply bass distortion if i m not mistaken.

Yo bro stars,

Ya, you're not mistaken, coil tapping is not an effect, so sorry i confused you by lumping all the text together. So coil tapping is to split the humbucker to get a single coil sound but how different does it sound?

Also does playing chords on the bass sounds much better with the chorus effects?

HI!

Perhaps you could check the Boss website, they have sound samples of what their Overdrive, Limiter and Synthesizer can do. =)

hmmz ... i m not too sure.

when its coil split the humbucker would sound like a single J coil soloed. so most of the time when u have a coil split on a 2 humbucker bass, it will become J bass sounding , typically scooped with deep rounded bass if i m not mistaken.

not too sure about this. was told by my friend but never had an experience with coil splitting

Back