Singapore's Education System = FAIL.. or not?

LOL he started running at 8 months, that's hilarious.
i'm not informed enough to go on an all-out rant on the singaporean education system but the system is like a factory, and everyone comes out pretty much the same. singaporeans aren't very creative people. i probably can't solve it, but that's why i'm not going to be a politician.

as for the story, your title is the one which is fail because i don't see the father mentioning anywhere that the singapore education system sucks. he just said they were inflexible and didn't accommodate to his son's needs.

i read the blog though, he obviously dislikes singapore(and singaporeans), it's pretty funny. pretty annoying guy as well.

Well, there is a space limit for the title, so it'd be even more epic fail to write "Singapore's Education System Somewhat Disliked by The Father though he doesn't outright says it sucks" lol. I figured, summary would suffice.

But yeah, the dad obviously has a grudge against Singaporeans, and a skewed biased opinion against us. So maybe he was nitpicking at the system just so it could fit into his ideology of what Singapore is like?

You do know that nobody takes SOFT or for that matter any other internet forum seriously right? why is everyone here trying to rewrite the Singapore legislation.

You all need a beer.

as I was saying again the topic is about Mr Valentine Cawley raising awareness on our "inflexible education system" . your thread's question is whether this inflexibility is fail or not, as it stands your personal opinion of it being 50% fail and 50% unsure, you dragged the bush out to beat around it but (I may have missed cos it's too many words I'm saving my eyesight power for mixing work) you mentioned nothing of answering your own question.

beat the bush

I did express an opinion later on in the thread.
But a good thread always allows for alternative opinions for other users, so I figured I'd let others express their views first, which is what happened. That's how you get a good discussion going; when you bounce opinions off others. And not just to assert that your own is right.

My personal opinion is actually 75% succeed, 25% unsure, and an overall for 'Very good' for the Singapore education system. I'm sure many people would disagree, and they are welcomed to. But I do think the system generally rewards those who put in effort to score better. To be too flexible for a few individuals would create more problems than they solve.

Anyway, heading out now. It's a Saturday, and being on a forum on a Saturday is not my cup of tea. Cheers.

Last edited:
Well, there is a space limit for the title, so it'd be even more epic fail to write "Singapore's Education System Somewhat Disliked by The Father though he doesn't outright says it sucks" lol. I figured, summary would suffice.

But yeah, the dad obviously has a grudge against Singaporeans, and a skewed biased opinion against us. So maybe he was nitpicking at the system just so it could fit into his ideology of what Singapore is like?

i dunno i would've just named it "Child prodigy's dad thinks singapore's education system is unflexible" or smth. if you noticed, everyone posted their thoughts on the education system being fail or not.

as for the dad, when someone pisses you off, you'll find that you point out every flaw the person has and ignore anything positive about the person.

any good thread is one which james doesn't end up locking or deleting posts lol

you guys have fun. this thread is boring me already. next.

proper newspaper heading should be: singapore education system is shit, MOE comes up with a bunch of excuses

the education is shit and I AM PROOF. and i can vouch for a whole number of dickheads out there

On a completely side note, did anyone watch the video link of 'So Shiok' at the bottom of the page? What are your thoughts?

so shiok? For a dance track, the arrangement with the heart thumping bass and groovy synth lead should be quite shiok in a club setting.

The train with lines similar to smrt train design at intro a bit cheesy

On a completely side note, did anyone watch the video link of 'So Shiok' at the bottom of the page? What are your thoughts?

imo, I think its a shitty music video compiled with shitty ass lyrics.
I'm just curious, in what way does the mv appeals james to put the vid there.
what do you think bob?

what do you think bob?

Dunno leh. I only brought it up cause I saw it right below as I was about to post.

On one hand, I think the production value is pretty decent. It got nominated for quite a few music video awards if I'm not wrong? The execution is well done, but the idea a bit tacky and trying too hard. I do respect the artist for giving it their best effort though. But maybe it's just me but I don't think the words 'so shiok' mixed in with electronica music gels very well.

what do you think bob?

yeah, ive heard ah beng techno songs which are wayy better, and i dont even like techno/dance/electronic songs.

Singapore is the best country in the world. All other countries are run like crap. Tell me a country that can even rival Singapore in anything like defense or economy or political stability. Cannot!! Anyone who disagrees with me is just another loser who didn't do well in life or just likes dissing off Singapore. SOF is the best Special Forces in the world, SIA is the best airlines, Esplanade is the best looking building in the world, Tanya Chua is the best singer and so on and so forth. Ion Orchard is the best shopping centre in the world. JI are the baddest of the bad terrorists and we caught them. Singapore national football team is actually the best, it's just because of bad referee decisions and cheating opposing teams that cause us to lose. Foreign talents are absolutely wonderful, and they make singapore a more vibrant place to stay even though i have no idea what they mean when they talk sometimes. ang moh countries are inferior to singapore. Ris Low is the hottest woman in the world.

:idea: Best there was, is and will be :wink:... so say we all :mrgreen:

Singapore is the best country in the world. All other countries are run like crap. Tell me a country that can even rival Singapore in anything like defense or economy or political stability. Cannot!! Anyone who disagrees with me is just another loser who didn't do well in life or just likes dissing off Singapore. SOF is the best Special Forces in the world, SIA is the best airlines, Esplanade is the best looking building in the world, Tanya Chua is the best singer and so on and so forth. Ion Orchard is the best shopping centre in the world. JI are the baddest of the bad terrorists and we caught them. Singapore national football team is actually the best, it's just because of bad referee decisions and cheating opposing teams that cause us to lose. Foreign talents are absolutely wonderful, and they make singapore a more vibrant place to stay even though i have no idea what they mean when they talk sometimes. ang moh countries are inferior to singapore. Ris Low is the hottest woman in the world.

if you are really smart, you'll find your own way past the system, or really beat the shit out of the system. Or, redesign the system.

Latest posts

Back