Singaporeans and Perth

Vaiyen said:
at least it's still safer than Britain.
Exactly. Evr heard of asian students getting murdered? Pakis gettin humped? Chinese gettin mashed? Hahah..thts the place my ladies..

well my big bro going to brisbane next year so hope nothing happens to him.. don't get why there is such a big fuss anyway.. hello the country used to belong to the Aborigines before you asses so nicely take it away.. sheesh

hahah. exactly. good nice humane cultured aborigines. they wear clothes n have a tv & a computer. 3G phones too.

Melbourne and Sydney aren't as boring as Perth. If you don't mind the high taxes they are very nice places to live (I'm from Melbourne, currently living in Singapore).

For racism, Melbourne is probably the best place. Racism is mostly among the older generation and out in the country, as us city dwellers have grown up with many different races around us. Greek, Italian, Vietnamese, Chinese and Indians are everywhere. To me they just seem normal (I'm 28).

Sydney I'm a bit wary of.. I stayed there 2 weeks and nearly got beaten up by an aborigine, as well as seeing a car weaving around the road, crashing into parked cars. I feel that sydney has more racial tension than melbourne (totally subjective).

well to address the original question, i think the main reason why many singaporeans go to perth to live/study is because of its proximity to singapore. Only a 4 hr flight away, u could go there and visit your son in university and then fly back to singapore within 24 hours. lol...

melbourne is a superb place tho, i felt totally at home there, in fact more at home than i felt in singapore, the people there were very friendly most of the time until they heard my accent, some were friendly all the way. No racists 'cept for some stupid greek guy. Great place!

I just got back from melbourne today. Went to visit my girlffriend there. damn such an awesome place, I now understand why Kirk Hammett was imspired to write a solo on it. I wanna move there now, I just loved it.

haha how come there're not "OTHER COUNTRIES" or something.

well anyway, yeah quite a number of my friends went over to aust to further their studies and are missing SG. most or all of them said it was their parents' decisions. :/

xx

haha hey nitrovo remember me? now you know why melbourne is so attactive, u gotta be there and soak up the atmosphere to know! :D hope the drought there has ended...

HEY everyone needs to get a grip on the whole RACIST thing. There are ignorant people with small minds EVERYWHERE. I know as I'm an Aussie from Mauritian background living in Singapore.
YES there are some dumbasses that are racist in Oz, especially in Sydney where I'm from. It usually comes from the minority ethnic groups that come from other parts of the world that want to bring their stupid wars and shit from their mother country. MOST people in Australia along with most of the world are decent people wanting to get on with their life and live in peace. It is always the minority that ruin it for everyone.
Believe me when you are a "different" person living in Singapore, we cop the same negative shit the Asians or any minority race gets in a foreign country. You just have to ignore it and move on.

STUPID/IGNORANT people is an International problem. We just have to teach them one by one. There is only one race, HUMAN.

Anyway, I'm from Sydney and I LOVE Melbourne. But I love Singapore also.

PEACE :smt109

wooit....

HI THERE MAAAY-TE(MATE)!!!!!!!!

i think aussies has the coolest accents of all people in the world....

I wonder why everytime there are aussies on tv, they always relate them with surfboards and Bondi Beach??

And almost all Aussie soap operas are mostly in farms.... and wearing straw hats??

HA HA, too much TV lah.

90% of the Aussie population lives up to 100km from the ocean, so we do take pride in out Beach and surf culture. But not all of us surf or live on farms. Its funny what people from O/S think of Australia because of TV and movies. :D
Its a big big country.

"because good neighbours... become..... good friends .....~"

Man the amount of ppl watching Big Brother as well is just nuts ...
Get a life man ..~
i mean ... other than the late night version ... ~
;p

studied in perth and going back to melbourne for more!

how's the music culture like in melbourne! how does the 'live house' culture compare with singapore?

Back