Should Benzema be in MU?

Should Benzema come to MU?

• Yes

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters

subversion

let's hear it from the football fanatics here- should he/ should he not? state your case...
176.gif

no! because i think man utd has enuff strikers
considering they onli use 1... n when rooney n tevez plays
its like rooney + tevez + ronaldo...

unless maybe they trade for saha...
even so i didn't really see how he performed against man utd...

n that ben guy was horrible haha...

ronaldo isnt a striker.he is a winger and yes benzema should be in man utd.french football wont provide much development for him.cause i honestly think he is the finest in french football making it all look too easy for him.

NO

too many players of a similar cut. the essence of a great team is balance.
for every Pele there is a Carlos Alberto.
for every Maradona there is an Alemao.

too many cooks spoil the soup...

Ronaldo plays more like a Wing Forward more than as a winger. He's incredibly attack-minded and is given the luxury to play that style of his. Benzema shouldn't be bought. I agree with the above poster, balance is key to everything! MU should start scouting for potential players to replace Wes Brown. He is easily the weakest link in a strong MU team.

Agreed but the way Utd is playing,Sir Alex has been doing his homework right.
the modern game now favour a three prong attack without a recognised centre foward..like Roma and our beloved team is doing..Barca..

Like Chelsea,the main man is Drogba and if you take him out of the game,one avenue of goal supply is being cut..remember the League Cup final.

Utd style of play is never kind to the CF..the last great one was Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
Andy Cole took a few seasons to adjust to the style of play..and with his fellow "brother"..D.Yorke that only then he found success

In the early 80's..there is a striker of an Alan Shearer mould..Alan Brazil..He was then considered one of the game's best. He was coached by Sir Bobby no less while at Ipswich..
When then manager Ron Atkinson brought him..fans thought that the long wait for the title is near..
Utd was the title favourites (akin to Liverpool situation now) but what happen...??

Brazil was branded a failure..and he consistenly ranked as one of the top 10 dud signings for Utd..

Last edited:
actually, i think fergie should've snapped up alan hutton. he'd fit perfectly into the man utd back four. would be a more-than-able replacement for both gary neville and wes brown.

dont forget! we're getting the two brazilian twins. both are fullbacks! one left, one right!

nope. seriously they have carlos tevez, mickey rooney and c.ronaldo...all class players and the whole team is attacking-minded. benzema? i rather fergie go buy a left back.

I think he would be good for manu, provided he can gel well both personally and football-intellectually with the manu attackers. Players like scholes, giggs, nani, anderson, rooney, tevez and ronaldo have really amazing footballing brains. He would either make a good replacement for saha to me, or if he comes maybe he can even pressure saha to perform better for manu. I really liked the goal he scored in the first leg

United already has a world class left back in Evra. Fergie should invest in bringing a right back like Alves. ; )

Benzema won't have a place in Man U, considering Man U already has sufficient strikers.

Maybe Liverpool can buy Benzema and pair him with Torres.

i say manu would be good with him, but its not a must have. the manu attackers are good enough as it is

the current crop of strikers in Man Utd aren't class finishers, unlike Van Nistleroy. IMO they need someone of his calibre...

I agree with Sub. Benzema is a clinical finisher. Rooney and Tevez are both lacking in that department. If we buy Benzema, Tevez should be in the bench.

plus, dont forget tevez is only on a 2yr loan deal with us. Abielt a expensive 8 mil loan deal..

the current crop of strikers in Man Utd aren't class finishers, unlike Van Nistleroy. IMO they need someone of his calibre...

hmm yea u highlighted a pretty good point.. But having such a player would also reduce manu's "total football" playing. they would be more focused on getting the striker to score. Right now its everyone whose scoring:D. But yea i miss the van nistelrooy days.. he was a great striker

i don't think he should be signed. no more space for him considering that the partnership of rooney and tevez is so good and as a result, benzema would be benched for most of the season and he's not the sort of player who would be willing to be a bench warmer

Back