Shipping amps and guitars from USA

EcoFarts

Hi guys, I'm buying a new amp and guitar from USA soon and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how I should go about it. The amp and guitar themselves are pretty pricy so I would like the safetest method to get them shipped to Singapore. Thanks for the help!

What amp and guitar are you looking at specifically? Amps I wouldn't recommend buying a random one off any US site simply because of the voltage difference. If you go directly to the builder or through a dealer and request for a local voltage, that's another story. The safest method would also be the more pricey method so you've gotta think if you're willing to pay the extra premium for better shipping options such as FedEx and if you want an expedited shipping.

I've shipped guitars via FedEx, DHL and even USPS was okay. Generally though, if the guitar exceeds say 5k USD, I'll just pay the difference for FedEx priority.

i'm getting the amp from a builder and I've asked him to use 230v. I'm getting the guitar from Chicago Music Exchange. How much did it cost and how long did it to ship your guitar via FedEx priority? Have you had any problems before?
Thanks for the help!

FedEx priority will probably be 3-5 working days. Very fast. Ahh that makes sense then. Most builders should have an account with a shipping company and one that they'll be comfortable with using. Usually, it shouldn't go wrong. I've bought directly from Morgan with no issues even on USPS.

It depends on what guitar you're shipping. I think acoustic will be a bit more expensive due to the size difference. Guitars are considered odd sized so weight isn't the only consideration. I'm guessing the cheapest shipping will probably be around 150USD. Last I checked, CME asked 200USD for shipping but not sure what that'll be on.

Back