Dishonest Band, Bait and Switch - Hatetsuki

https://www.soft.com.sg/forum/showthread.php?441106-Looking-for-J-Rock-guitarists

Intellectually and artistically dishonest band, run by this fellow who calls himself Ash, and this fella who calls herself Dee. Join at your own risk.

You can find the vocalist over on IG: https://www.instagram.com/candee_melodee/
Drummer here: https://www.instagram.com/ashurarirurero/

Classic bait and switch tactics.

They will try to lure you in with an 'original' they supposedly wrote, but actually commissioned online. But they won't tell you this because they are mediocre musicians incapable of writing a single line of original music.

Then they will make you write an original piece of music, but stonewall you once you've finished it.

So basically they made me write a guitar solo over an instrumental track they commissioned someone to do, but claimed to have written themselves. I admit that I thought they were quite decent for having being able to write this track, but I only found out upon quitting.

Anyway, after writing the guitar solo for some time, and basically contributing to the band name and logo, they basically stonewalled me.

Unbeknownst to them, I started having my suspicions about their good faith and had published the guitar solo I wrote online.

Any serious musician looking to join a JRock band should take heed.

Yours,
R

Last edited:
Sorry to the peeps on SOFT who has to deal with this troglodyte post, but I want to at least say something.
I hate internet drama, and I don't want this to turn into Twitter 2, so I'll keep this brief just to disprove whatever you've said.

"Intellectually and artistically dishonest band, run by this fellow who calls himself Ash, and this fella who calls herself Dee. Join at your own risk."
No idea when we've been intellectually and artistically dishonest, but seeing as how you've misconstrued everything in literally every aspect, we can leave it up to that as the explanation for your claims.
I call myself Ash cause it's my name, Dee calls herself Dee cause it's her name.

"Classic bait and switch tactics."
We didn't bait you with anything, and we didn't switch anything out with anything, there was literally no baiting or switching anywhere in any of our conversations and if there are, provide the proof and we'll provide ours too. We explicitly said chill band with newbies. You on the other hand posted a new recruitment with super lofty goals for the band which was never discussed with us beforehand. You forced it onto us, projected your ambitions onto us, and completely forgot the initial premise of the band.

"They will try to lure you in with an 'original' they supposedly wrote, but actually commissioned online. But they won't tell you this because they are mediocre musicians incapable of writing a single line of original music."
We didn't lure you in; this is disingenuous writing. The original belongs to Dee, as she is the one who commissioned the instrumentals from an outside source even before any of us joined. Neither the rhythm, bass, nor drummer ever claimed to have written anything.
Commissioning online does not mean it's not an original, but you're a musician, so you and everyone else on this site should know better.
In the initial recruitment post, we stated we were "newbies," but we never claimed we were anything above or beyond mediocre.

"Then they will make you write an original piece of music, but stonewall you once you've finished it."
We never made anyone write anything. The only thing that was asked of us, by Dee, regarding the original, was to play our own renditions of the existing instrumentals. Be it originally written or our own take on the provided instrumentals, nothing was ever forced or explicitly asked of us aside from, to play the song as a band with our own takes to the instrumental.

"So basically they made me write a guitar solo over an instrumental track they commissioned someone to do, but claimed to have written themselves. I admit that I thought they were quite decent for having being able to write this track, but I only found out upon quitting."
We never made you write a guitar solo, you brought it up out of the blue and we just said sure go for it if was something you'd like to do, which you did. The instrumental was commissioned from someone, even I don't know who, and no one in the band ever explicitly claimed that any of us wrote it, you came to that conclusion on your own and projected it onto us. We never hid the truth, and even said the original is Dee's, not the band's as a whole. She wanted to play it with us, and that was the extent of our contribution to it.

"Anyway, after writing the guitar solo for some time, and basically contributing to the band name and logo, they basically stonewalled me."
Stonewalled - when you kept posting WIPs and kept saying "can be fixed later" over and over, there was nothing much for us to say or do, therefore any and all comments aside from what I've already said would've just been redundant.

"-and basically contributing to the band name and logo-"
This needs its own section. The only thing you suggested was the initial name Minami no Tsuki, which ended up not being used aside from the Tsuki portion. Your suggestion for Senko Tsuki was shot down by an actual Japanese person saying it sounded unnatural. The name Hateshinaki Tsuki was suggested by me, and you said it was too long, leading to your JP source saying can be shortened to "Hate-Tsuki." The name of the band is still Hateshinaki Tsuki, which isn't even a name suggested by you, but you started calling us by the abbreviated name and took it as the official name, which it isn't.
The "logo" you provided was a placeholder, and was established as such from the get go when you provided it to the band. The logo you provided is an AI generated image, which is a space that is rife with moral gray areas with regards to copyright and publishing laws, seeing as its engine is fueled by copyrighted works that have been lifted from the internet without the owners' consent, yet you have the gall to -covered in the next section- talk to us about publishing and copyright with regards to your solo/its arrangement/its melody.

"Unbeknownst to them, I started having my suspicions about their good faith and had published the guitar solo I wrote online."
Unbeknownst to you, we couldn't care less, and even encouraged you to do so if you felt it was your right. Literally none of us stopped you from publishing your solo. That was your right, and none of us said otherwise. You lashed out at us when Dee encouraged you to do so, so long as nothing from the actual Original's instrumental was also copyrighted. Kind of hypocritical to use AI "art" and still be so anal about publishing and copyright laws.

"Any serious musician looking to join a JRock band should take heed."
Any serious musician looking for a guitarist for their band should take heed of Rocco, who was somehow able to misconstrue everything that was communicated.
Found here: https://www.instagram.com/roccowho
And here: https://www.instagram.com/roccobaroco

Back