Shin Min Papers Wrote An Article Complain About me Drumming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s put ourselves into our Neighbours shoes for now. Drumming can be at times be quite irritating (as it is loud and really depends on what we are practicing-this is true) some can take it some cannot – as their Threshold level are all at different level.

Now these are the Parties Involve now:-

(1) Started with me Drumming
(2) The Complaining Neighbour
(3) The Police then
(4) The HDB
(5) The CC People – where there will be a MP
(6) The Media

From (3) The Police (4) HDB (5) CC People to (6) The Media - - - - - All these parties that got involve – in actual facts aims for one thing in common and that’s - - The Problem can be resolve through Mutual Understanding and Compromising each other on their part.

The entire Problem from beginning to now - - is The Drummer (me of course) and (The Complaining Neighbour) - - -- This is the root of the problem which can only be resolve through – Compromisation.

Therefore for me the best course of action is - - - Resolve this among ourself (if possible)and I will try my best here to the best as I could to talk to the Neighbour – as a gesture of respect and strike a best solution among us – where I could carry on my Drumming Hobby and not disturbing them in all the time. If this can be achieved then – The problem is resolve right away, Isn’t this the Best Solution and it depicts Resonableness and Respect among one another.

Why go through all these (the people from 2 to 6) were ultimately involve because of above core reasons.

To me Compromising is the Key if achievable (in this case quite difficult but yet I must try my best) and I did through my course of actions, rather than - - - - - Fighting for “Let’s Talk About The Law”

Yes the Law as an example here according to the Police (I can drum till 10pm) after that don’t cause I might be disturbing the entire neighbourhood) for instance does not means that I will if I need to – Practice my drumming till 10pm as I need to spare a though for others living in the same vicinity as me…..This call compromising on my part – rather than quoting The Law (I can drum till 10pm - - - - which I used to think or feel this way but I’m wrong and I learn on my part as we all learn throughout our life journey – that I have to spare a though for others too). By Compromising in a way yes Ego is somehow forgo on my part. But what is Ego anyway?

As a Moderator of Soft, I’ve indeed learn as time pass (how to resolve a conflict as best as I could). As a Committee of DXS, a Drummer and as a Person we try to be Socially Responsible, if issues like these crops up. Try resolving problems in the best means and this is what I am sharing with all of you on how I approach this now. I am not saying everyone here must and will take this route that I took (if it happens – touch-wood I hope it never will), but - - - This is how I am going to handle this now.

These kind of issues is best to be resolve directly with the complaining neighbour.

Last edited:
Have you considered trying to go down and meet your neighbour personally? Since he or she obvious don't have the guts to come up and meet you. So far your communications all seem to be channeled through 3rd party.

Have you considered trying to go down and meet your neighbour personally? Since he or she obvious don't have the guts to come up and meet you. So far your communications all seem to be channeled through 3rd party.

Bro THOA, I dont know who he or She is till now definetely not downstairs as it's a Void-Deck, and how can I knock on everyones door asking "Excuse me Sir/Madam - are you the family that complain against me. The 1st thing they thing might be what does he wants - and for doing this I might have cause a further misunderstanding that I am a nasty guy if they do not even allow me to finished my sentence as in No I'm trying to strike a Compromise here - even if they allow me to finished thhis sentence - they might think what if he lie so they will say "No I didn't complain maybe someone else".........This could have make matter worst for all I know.

The communication that indeed had to be chanelled through only a Third party in this case (either HDB or The Press) because only they knows - Who launch the complain, but ethically or proffesionally wise - They are not allow to disclose the Complainer to me unless - - The complainer agreed in this case.

That's why, I try so hard to wanna speak to the Complainer through these 2 sources.

Seriously, I am sure - most likely I wont be able to drum anymore at home (100% sure) since the press had put this up.

And I might now have to - go to the CC to Practice my drumming from now onwards as my Band is already the House-Band of the CC and we play there every Friday.

anyway...ok the complainer wins in this case...it's ok for me - not the end of the World (though how I wish I could still drum at home), but I can still drum at the CC which is just a Walking Distance from my home to practice twice a week - I will talk to them again.
For whatever reason - - - - there are of course, but no choice - for the good and publicity that is not to be blown too big - Just look out for the latest news and you will know why I can't drum

I already knew as - I was told....too bad.

I will lock this thread now - - - for a good cause...trust me for all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back