Shin Min Papers Wrote An Article Complain About me Drumming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sue Shin Min newspaper?

They are a tabloid newspaper. They feed off this sort of thrashish-not-true-most-of-the-time sort of news.

Personally, I don't think Shin Min had broached any legal or ethical means in writing about this story. As long they feel that it is of human interest and they can always defend themselves with 'the people's right to know'. After all, it is a tabloid. The only way you can get an apology if you can prove that the newspaper had actually defamed you, if not pretty much they can get away with it.

HMMMM. Sounds like my neighbours. As i told my dad, if they have a problem come and find me, talk about the problem and we'll compromise. Those idiots don't even have the balls to come find me still complain.

Since we aren't breaking the law or anything, play louder to piss them off even more. The newspaper issue pissed you off for a while. You have the power to piss them off every night.

One thing, do not ever let this stop you from drumming or even hinder you from practicing less that what you actually want.

Personally, i'm living in my parents house. My father doesn't want me to play because he wants to "face" those damn f**ked up neighbours. I dont know why. But as long as i live in his house, i live under his rules. Damn sad shit.

I'm not allowed to play drums anymore. (In the house)

Since we aren't breaking the law or anything, play louder to piss them off even more. The newspaper issue pissed you off for a while. You have the power to piss them off every night.

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind, mate. Lol.

RD, not sure if you're willing to try:

E-drums
Though the "real feel" is not there. With e-drums, you can practice thru' headphones. e.g. There is little rubber-hitting in this kit:
http://www.alesis.com/dm5prokitwsurgecymbals

Sound-proof your room
Do more to sound-proof your room, to minimize the sound that travels to your neighbors' ear. e.g. build platform, thick curtains, sound-proof foam, etc.

When there's a will, to enjoy drumming and live peacefully with neighbors, there's a way.:)

Threadstarter:

Personally, I don't think Shin Min had broached any legal or ethical means in writing about this story. As long they feel that it is of human interest and they can always defend themselves with 'the people's right to know'. After all, it is a tabloid. The only way you can get an apology if you can prove that the newspaper had actually defamed you, if not pretty much they can get away with it.

Sue Shin Min newspaper?

They are a tabloid newspaper. They feed off this sort of thrashish-not-true-most-of-the-time sort of news.

i have diminished respect for people who refer to a 3rd party instead of meeting the relevant individual, directly. cowards.

taking pics without permission is very unacceptable though. have you decided what u gonna do next? about the picture of your house/drumset case..?

Typifies some Singaporeans...their babies can cry, their couples can fight, their kids can play the piano but you can't play your musical instruments...

I have a neighbour who plays the trumpet every Saturday. Bugged me like mad...so one day, I upgraded to a Marshall amp...and starting jamming with him...he gave up on his trumpet. I am wondering now if my amp can be turned up loud enough to jam with the guy playing the piano downstairs...

I have a neighbour who lives several storeys below me who plays the piano. And frankly she plays it really well. I'd live next to them if possible, let's me enjoy free music, lol. Try continuing to drum, they've already reported to the newspapers, let's see what can they do next without exposing who they are. If they aren't happy why can't they just knock on your door and ask you to lower down the volume a little? I just can't understand such people.

I had something similar to that. My neighbour used to play these nice piano runs very loudly in the middle of the afternoon. I remember being able to sit by my window to enjoy the music instead of watching that junk they were showing on TV back then.

-_- lucky my father don't read Shin Min but Lianhe Zaobao, arbo he sure !$%@!^#^!@ at me drumming.

RD, not sure if you're willing to try:

E-drums
Though the "real feel" is not there. With e-drums, you can practice thru' headphones. e.g. There is little rubber-hitting in this kit:
http://www.alesis.com/dm5prokitwsurgecymbals

Sound-proof your room
Do more to sound-proof your room, to minimize the sound that travels to your neighbors' ear. e.g. build platform, thick curtains, sound-proof foam, etc.

When there's a will, to enjoy drumming and live peacefully with neighbors, there's a way.

Talking about a trumpet-playing neighbour. My neighbour (right beside, doors not facing) use to have their band over on weekends to jam. Pretty damn cool. Never really got to know them, one was a drummer the other was a keyboardist, I think. They had a trumpeter and they jammed to Maroon 5. They made me hate Maroon 5 less.

[EDITED] Visa: Basically, people (not only blank) have been reposting earlier posts. Hell funny, but at the expense of Mr. James.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back