Samick guitars

samick is the best guitar brand in the world! I've tried Ibanez and Epiphone too, but I love the samick sound..hehe..(mines a pre greg bennet era one..lol) pretty uncool tho, when u get into a crowd of guitarists...
Guitarman 1 "Mines a gibson"
Guitarman 2 "Mines an Ibanez"
Guitarman 3 "Fender!"
Me "Samick!" :oops:

Hur hur...but if the sound's good then no point comparing brands, lol...hmm...but the comments and reviews...they look good...

Hi, i have a Samick myself! its a Samick JR 550 (Jackson/Scorpion) Repica. one long one short one.

been pretty great for me though so far.

my 1st guitar. not changed it so far.

one long one short? jackson? randy rhoads then i might say. Samick are yummy. esp the greg bennet one

haha. honestly, i dont get wads it with you guys and budget guitars. heh. im not totally against them, but i dont see the point in investing in really cheap and low quality guitars. here's a suggestion, why dont you save up more and get a decent guitar, like an RG or sth, or a strat. i mean if money's your concern, then i have nothing to say, but then again, if you are into guitar all the way, then i would suggest getting more worthwhile gear. so please do not waste money on <200 guitars when the real oned cost a few k. long term, i think its a good investment but, seriously.. get real ppl! :)

nickyseow im not one who likes to quarrel, so lets not let this escalate into one, but anyway, I like my samick guitar, means i cant be a good player?(u didnt suggest that, but a prominent member did) Secondly, what makes a samick lousy? I got mine for $100 and its my favourite guitar, many pioneers of rock music started out with brandless/self made/cheap guitars, and their music sounded just as nice. Im not really a gear person so i may not know better, i dont use effect pedals tho i have them, too much of a hassle. Just want to make this point that guitar not equal to player. :)

MichaelAngelo. we've actually been thru the comparisons btw a cheap guitar and a well, made more expensive guitar. I think you are familiar with the thread.

I'm 100% with Nicky on this. His points are all very valid.

Samick might be mojo to you, if so, more power to you. But at the end of the day, it is (to many others) just a beginner's axe. If you can get something better, please do. If you can't, it will (no choice aye?) do, especailly the Greg Bennett series.

Like what you said, many pioneers of rock started cheap but many have also moved on to embrace better equipment. Same with us. Many of us start cheap then move on at the end of the day.

This is NOT about looking down on the player or his skills or what. Its simply put, a comparison of quality and overall mojo/tone/feel on average. Nissan better than Volvo? No? Yes? Obviously better quality but which can you afford or which suits your application better or which has more mojo to you?

there we go. ive actually started out using an ibanez starter kit, thats prolly on the same level as the samick <$200 ones, but after awhile i saved up a year and got myself a tele, and slowly started acquiring gear and a proper amp last year, but the point is that if you're happy with using a samick then thats fine, but my only grouse with cheap guitars is that after awhile, they DO start to get out of tune VERY EASILY. unless you sex ur axe up with a floyd rose or sth, then you'll prolly suffer that predicament, cos i personally tried out a samick guitar that belonged to my friend, and played a few chords and lines, and i found that some of the strings went out of tune just like that, kaput. not to mention fret buzz and what-nots. :wink:

i own one, never have much of a lot as those you've said. maybe get your friend to set it up properly? those guitars are well-built for beginners...

Yeah, I know where nicky and shredcow are coming from. If you look at it another way, sometimes it might be bettter to get something better with a little bit more money in the long run. Unless you're really sure its a short term thingy, then a better 'mid-range' instrument would go with you a long way. You would be probably more motivated with the better tone and feel. For instance maybe an entry level guitar like burny. Haha ok, dats nearly 900 bucks but you get the point.

I've tried some samicks and there're pretty ok. I guess with these its the luck of the draw, considering the inconsistent QC, which is expected of course. I've tried more crap guitars though, so I think samick is alright.

thanks for the good explanation, especially the nissan and volvo analogy. Lol...as i said im not really a gear boy, so nothing really turns me on. Eg. to a non car person, a car is a car. :p but im sure there must be advantages of using the more expensive models, otherwise..why would they cost more? haha, im happy tho with what i have, at least for now. :)

Samick has proven their worth since Greg Bennett joined the team. yes, they are aimed at starters, but we don't quite see the mid-priced units here.

it's good to own a practical starter unit because it's these guitars that propel us to play well before we upgrade our set up.

Back