Re-string @ CCK

Excellent and professional service with good practical advice thrown in.

Watching you do your work on my guitar was like watching Geri the Toy Repairman from Toy Story 2 do his work on Woody in person but on my guitar. The concentration, the attention to detail and the care in which you handle the instrument is just amazing to observe.

Thanks again, bro and thank you for making me fall in love with my guitar once again!

epi+ultra+III+restring.jpg

done a few days ago at Bt Panjang- an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra III. owner, Mr. Ziyang, wanted a switch from a .010 string set to a .009 but i managed to convince him to try the .0095 instead. it's not the 'right' gauge for a Les Paul but it's about trying a slight change in thickness/tension which might work for some of us. managed to re-condition & clean the hardware as well. nut slots were lubricated :)

epi+ultra+III+restring.jpg

done a few days ago at Bt Panjang- an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra III. owner, Mr. Ziyang, wanted a switch from a .010 string set to a .009 but i managed to convince him to try the .0095 instead. it's not the 'right' gauge for a Les Paul but it's about trying a slight change in thickness/tension which might work for some of us. managed to re-condition & clean the hardware as well. nut slots were lubricated :)

Definitely did a great job in handling my guitar.
Highly recommended ! A very good person to talk with regarding guitar and stuff.
He's very friendly and won't bite!

Cheers ! :)

ibanez+540r+full+pic.jpg

done- Ibanez 540R (belongs to Mr. Halim).

*Re-string + change string gauge from .009 to .010
*reconditioned fretboard
*slight action adjustment
*slight bridge springs adjustments

a classic, battle-scarred guitar. love it.
thumb_smiley-vault-star-wars-022.gif

takamine+eg510.jpg

Re-string + lowered action: Takamine EG510.

you'd hear many people advocate for high action on acoustics for 'better' tone & volume projection but if hurts your fingers & affect your playing- what's the point? so i advised the owner to TRY going down from a set of .011s to .010s, if he's unhappy, i can always re-instate the .011 settings for him :)

not an easy job this one as the bridge features 2 saddles so filing one down was down in mandatory consideration of the other.

Back