Rant about a bad deal experience(idealists not welcome)

hi bluepowder

this thread has been covered before but I can't find the old thread with the details

give a shot following my template.
1) when you have an item for sale , ask yourself what's the lowest price you will settle for after all the research. and must make sure that YOU ARE NOT IN A RUSH TO SELL. and whether is it sentimental, do you want it to have a better owner or is it just for the money.
and make sure it's working!

2) item decided price -$10 or $20 for self collect depending on weight of item. at your convenience. testing at your place required. consider whether to include delivery of item + the buyer to islandwide location of his choice if you drive depending on cost of item or how hard it is to sell. at least you can tell buyer "item's price has a reduction of $10 to cover your transport."

3) http://soft.com.sg/forum/guitar-buy-sell/158813-les-paul-hardshell-case-$700.html
include details like the commonly asked questions

a) "why are you selling it" = background story . or simply "cos I feel like it."

b) "you said the item is 2nd hand that means I'm buying possibly a 3rd hand item etc etc" = "the item is working, and in well maintained condition (unless otherwise) either I tell you the truth that i'm not the 1st owner, or I lie to you saying that I bought it brand new whichever makes you feel better. (this point relies alot on your positive reputation on soft/local scene.)

c) price you're selling for. NON-NEG UNLESS THE BUYER IS SINCERELY NICE. should anyone ask "how much did you buy it?" just tell them "don't remember. call up the dealer and how much it is for retail". cos really it's none of their business even if you got it for free. this factor is important because anyone putting up a negotation in pricing, you tell them "i'm selling the best price that I can. you want better worth, get from someone else, or get brand new".

d) Photos, and best videos or audio samples. reduce the time for them to go "i'm comin by to take a look at the condition." in general you have to be very detailed and honest with any dings and dongs. by including "buyer must come down to my place to test" gives yourself convenience and assurance to buyer that you're not screwing around. but till now I get the "oh, but the photo/video is not clear, looks dodgy as if you're hiding something" (depending on cost of your pride, you can just reply with a clear conscience and ignore him, cos it's his loss)

4) First buy, first get. not first come first serve/reserve. should you play reserve, tell them they must settle the deal within 1 week or a certain timeframe otherwise you keep the deposit.to play it safe - write on a piece of paper, both of you sign , as he signs , use your handphone and take a video of him signing it or something. so you got both soft/hard copy proof that he has agreed to these terms. extreme? trust me it's to cover your ass. but honestly from experience, no one's that reliable to buy time with 0 deposit. I give the exact level of reliability a.k.a "continue entertaining other buying requests. make empty promises that I'll reserve" when the guy seems too typical on the false hopes. I'm an excellent seller when I make the deal but I'm not a nice guy.

5) poker face, ANY FORM OF NEGOTIATION done by the buyer on spot, the words that comes up in your mind is "so what? I don't care.my problem?" it's a bad thought but it's good for your wallet/pride.

6) prepare small change. if not ask buyer to bring exact amount. something for sale at $210 should not be reduced to $200 just cos he got no change and got $250 only. give him walking directions to the nearest ATM. remind buyer to bring extra coins to take bus home also. cos there really are idiots like that. I once told a guy to leave because he wanted me to reduce another $10 for transport which I already stated on my post to opt for delivery. it's not about the money lol, but if you're thinking your 3rd-world negotation tactics are going to work in 2010, I'll be the guy to give you a wakeup call. most of the time I tell fickle buyers that , this item is sentimental, i'd rather a good owner for it. obviously you're not convincing me with the negotiation of money, so leave.

7) don't do meet ups. don't deal with anyone who can't even pickup a fkin phone call. beware of softies that are new or has little posts. some guy ever told me to meet him at mrt of his choice, I asked him if he's a busty sexy hot chick and he said of course not then "nope. not interested. deal at my place."

8 ) Warranty : you want warranty? buy brand new. even brand new stuff can screwup. gd luck. you want me to give you warranty? sure, item brand new is $500, I'm selling mine at $250. I'll sell you at $750 then. you shall have all the warranty you like for 365 days after this one screws up.

9) this is my T&C.
[Terms & Conditions]
I've provide all details that I can within my knowledge, if I'm "accidentally" misinformed about a price tag and selling at a ridiculously overpriced rate, please let me know because I mean no harm.
I only deal at my house.There's usually no warranty, therefore I require buyer to come all the way down to test it first but your only assurance is that I have a positive reputation in the scene and I sleep well at night so chances of me playing you out is 1%. (Unless something really cropped up, I can only ask for your understanding)
I never do reserve.First buy first get.Not first come first serve.Not enough money? borrow from friend/parents.
IF Delivery : I'll give you a lift to kembangan MRT or direct to your doorstep with the item (if stated). P.S LOCAL ONLY! SINGAPORE!

I don't waste my time with fussy buyers and auntiemarket bargainers.Ai Mai Sua a.k.a Want?Don't Want?Done system. No negotiaton.

Just as much there's always a better seller out there you can buy from = there's a better buyer to replace you.

-------------

that's it, I assure you, your items will be hard to get rid off, but when you do it'll be at its money's worth, and good memories will come with it when you recall that "oh yeah I had this bass/gear, and I sold it to a really nice guy/nice "profit"" etc
if you can't wait to get rid of it but too good to throw away then it's a learning lesson for you not to anyhow buy so much crap. get necessities.

I've been using this method for about 7/8 years now. simply works like the singapore government for me. to your advantage,efficient and firm.

oh.. rant about shit deal... no need to open a new thread, just do a search. or have all been deleted?

so now we supposed to discuss one guy's shit deal or something? or maybe it's not a rant/flame thread, just a 'warning' thread.

oh.. rant about shit deal... no need to open a new thread, just do a search. or have all been deleted?

so now we supposed to discuss one guy's shit deal or something? or maybe it's not a rant/flame thread, just a 'warning' thread.

ure a lil late bro...already discussed:p.....

no reason it cant be fashioned to serve as a rant and a warning....

no reason it cant be fashioned to serve as a rant and a warning....
trust me, you and i have been around these forums long enough to know what 'warning' threads can degenerate into. lest other people start their own 'warning threads' and we get a repeat of dirty laundry incidents past.

i think its better we focus on positive things instead. even if we get a laugh from it i don't see how we benefit from glorifying every rogue jackass from buy/sell who gets busted.

thats why I always participate most of the "kaobeh" threads into a general neutral or positive ending. cos if james had to delete every softie (who is truly a victim)'s thread, sometimes ppl do want to speak out their troubles and share with us so serves a constant reminder that : Together We Can Stop Scam.. ripoff slogan from SPF.

heh, learnt to rip of others, so that when kena ripped off by others, we be spending time to rip off more of others then to come soft kaupeh!!!

If dont wanna rip of others, then we must get used to being at losing end at times!

Anyway, to make something positive out of this, go concentrate on chinese new year toto 10million draw tonight! Hope anyone of the fellas here part of group 1 winner!!!

Huat ah!!!

Back