Randolf at Y2K7 Intl Live Looping Festival USA Oct 2007

embryo

Ok lovelies, just to share with you news that yours truly is now getting ready for this coming October's Y2K7 International Live Looping Festival in Santa Cruz North California USA. I'm slated to perform solo on a mini tour in various venues across San Jose, San Francisco and Santa Cruz. Last year's Y2K6 Loopfest was featured on 2 full pages of Guitar Player Mag Apr Issue - Andy Summers Cover...I believe :)

Tanx to Rick Walker who was gracious in his personal attempt to contact and invite me over to be be a part of this event. This trip comes with lots of kind and generous blessings and support by the National Arts Council of Singapore and Music for Good , fellow peers and friends here especially Wendy Phua(Embryo),Camra, Willy (Aging Youth)James of soft.com Angie of Audioreload.com and of course the cool people (staff and patrons of Harry's Harbour Front and Millenia Walk I must thank them u one and all for the sweet and passionate music and friendship. Oh and I must also thank the wonderful folks who've been very supportive and encouraging in what I did(or was trying to do) including Amir and Wife (India) Willie Nelson(yes him!), INXS, the Drunk Unkle who kept asking for "That Famous Jazz Guitar Song", Volkar(Germany), Paul Freundl(USA), Paul Attenborough(Australia), Miss Severine(France), Miss Katja(Berlin) Christine and Sabine (Switzerland) and others (whom I'll mention when I do recall along the way) All whom I was so fortunate to have met, made friends with, played for and in some cases jammed with sober or otherwise whilst doing my solo sets at Harry's Changi Airport T2.

It's going to be my chance of a lifetime to rub shoulders and stand among giants in music and technology and perform for and with some of the most amazing and cutting edge musicians from all over the globe. Sounds and songs from almost every imaginable live source with only "Live Looping" as a common thread amongs us performers. There's going to be about a total of 60 performers with perhaps (to my knowlege) 2 live looping monsters from Japan, one from India, myself from Singapura and the rerst from Europe and the USA and South America.

I hope and pray my nerves will be steady and that my loyal "Oopah Loopa" setup will respond faithfully and perform just as steady! Heh! Wish me luck guys! O ya Jen my lovely wife and Ramon my now guitar plonkin' walking 1 yr old son will be joining me on this trip.

Do drop me a note if you are interested to explore this open ended mode of live performance and spontaneous composition and improvisation called Live Looping.

:wink:

Daddy Randy, since u'll be away, can I go over ur place to shift some of the CDs over so that ur family members have les dusting to do?

Cheh! Mischievious arh u!
Nevermid the CDs I need a temp curator for my Goldie Top Les Paul1 How?
:lol:

wow what an honour! hope someone will post videos of it on youtube. will be really interesting to see. anyway, have a good trip randolf! :D

Yo Bro ,

All the best and do S'pore proud !!!
It's been a while since I last see ya.
Wah, did'nt noe ur baby son is 1 yr old oredi .
Keep in touch...rock on!!!!

Kjartan, Freakfir, Lurgee, JK, Jay Clones, Mel, Sean, Aging YouthTanx to all the dudes for the well wishes. :)

Do come by to the event called "TONEQUEST" to be held at Artshouse (Blueroom) on 6th OCt Sat b/w 2pm to 6pm..

Details coming up!

:)

Ok here we go! :)

MUSIC FOR GOOD PRESENTS
TONEQUEST event at Artshouse

Event: ToneQuest (An event of Guitar Gear 101 and Live Looping by Randolf Arriola)
Date and Time: 6 Oct 2pm to 6pm
Venue: Arts House (Blueroom)
Admission: Free
Attendees: Anyone and everyone who are guitar gear enthusiasts, amatuers, semi n pros and the curios.

Featuring;

Randolf Arriola Guitar Gear 101+ Live Looping Performance and Q&A.
As a fulltime musician Randolf walks the fine often blurred line between professional and artistic. His unique attitude and approach on the guitar treating it more like a paintbrush is a deft combination of eclectic musical tastes with ever evolving technology ever seeking to discover and add new colors, textures and depths to his reverence for song and sound craft.

As a sought-after performer, speaker, educator at events he's become a regular feature at the annual "TAGS" (The Art of Gear Stomping), Music for Good- music gear and performance and has been chosen to represent Gibson Guitars at WOMAD 2007 (World of Music, Arts & Dance) Festival 2007 and the coming TONEQUESTevent. Currently performing solo live weekly at Harry's Harbour Front and Millenia Walk, Randolf is a featured performer in this year's Y2K7 International Live Looping Festival held in Santa Cruz North California USA. Randolf together with Wendy Phua is also working to complete and release recordings of originals under his project group "The Embryo".

Also featuring; Live Solo performances and Q&A with

Wendy Phua - Bass Guitar and beyond!

Mary Ho - Singapore's coolest 71 yr old grandma on electric guitar!

Gibson Guitars, Basses and amps on display for free test run! Models include those featured at Womad 2007 and more!

1. Gibson Slash Custom Shop Les Paul Standard
2. Gibson Larry Carlton Custom Shop Mr 335
3. Gibson BB King Lucille
4. Gibson SG Reissue 61
5. Gibson HD6X Pro
6. Gibson Classic Custom Les Paul
7. Gibson Melody Maker
8. Epiphone Emperor Regent
9. Steinberger Synapse SS25
10. Steinberger Synapse Transcale
11. Gibson Money Bass
12. Tobias Classic Bass
13. Epiphone Allen Woody RumbleKat Bass
14. Epiphones Jack Casady Bass

Amps Epiphone Valve Standard

TONEQUEST at the ArtsHouse event is made possible by;
Organizer - Music For Good .
Supported by:: Gibson, The Arts House, National Arts Council, Singapore Pools, Singapore Totalisator Board

i just saw this thread 8O

randolph this is alfe (drummer) here, good on ya and you're doing this kampung proud!!! \m/

Alfie, amazing that 10 years have come to pass since we did work together whilst you were drummin' for Livonia ya.

Tanx for the well wishes.

Nebo, I'm draggin' the chest of what nots from my storage room and will be calling you...real soon.

Cheers!

tonequest.jpg

"Y2K7 International Live Looping Festival info and website"

Y2K7 will be a 6th year celebration of the Y2K loop festival series and the biggest festival yet. We've expanded to three days and two nights to accomodate all the amazing performers and there will be 50 some odd performers from 10 countries attending and performing.
We will have technology premiers and the Mayor will declare, Saturday, October 20th "International Live Looping Day" in the City of Santa Cruz and present proclamations to our headlining artists and featured performers.

Here's the link to the website for the biggest Live Looping Festival featuring performers, artists and sound designers from around the globe; http://www.y2kloopfest.com:80/

Thanks to all involved and who came by for last sat's wonderful afternoon of Tonequest.

As promised here's the link to the upcoming Y2K7 International Live Looping Festival in Santa Cruz. It's packing time for me and I hope all will be well for my family and myself. Tanks buds!

http://www.y2kloopfest.com/

poster.jpg

Back