Randolf Arriola (embryo) Guitar Gear 101

Goldie has a new friend! Presenting Xan's Newest Custom Leather Strap work...

23569_352948916603_551811603_4212526_2865628_n.jpg

WOW, the strap is beautiful!!! Randolf, I tried looking thru the net for Xan's website(if any).
Does he take order or something?
Man, that Goldie has oxidized a lot the last time I saw it (...6 years ago I think). Are these the original pickups? A '68 gibson, right?

Hi Jay_Clones, tanx nice to know you appreciate the lovely strap. Xan doesn't have a website yet as he does the leather works a piece a time so it's basically by word of mouth for the moement. He's on my facebook. Look me up at FB if you want to get in touch with him ya. My fb is http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=551811603

Btw. I'll be playing Goldie and Missy Klein with the band called CAMRA whom I've produced through the years. We're all fired up and raring to perform a batch of new eclectic originals tomorrow night at the outdoor stage as part of the Mosaic fest. The date and time of the show tomorrow is 16/Mar/2010 8pm Outdoor Stage Esplanade. The show is a free concert. Swing by for some fine sounds and music and catch up along the way. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
oh okay, on the website it says camra has two sets, from from 8 to 8.40 and another from 9 to 9.40.. didn't make much sense though so i thought i better check with ya

Klein Electric Guitar with iPhone

24678_386478246603_551811603_4426877_4132524_n.jpg

My favourite musical intrument for sound texture paintings. The ergonomically ahead of it's time great playing sounding Klein is modded with a Roland GK3 pickup which drives different devices including the Roland Guitar Synthesizers, the Roland VG99 and the VST Instruments and Samples on... my Win7 PC DAW. The attached iPhone transmits stereo audio via Bluetooth to a receiver unit that feeds a mixer and back into a chain of pedals and Live Looping including the Looperlative LP1, Line6 DL4 and Boss RC50. Because The iPhone is in "Airplane" mode which I spose explains why I dun answer calls immediately these days... if ever. Could be fun when random calls and messages come in along the way....we'll see. :)

Just for fun I tried attaching the iPhone mount on various guitars a Strat, Les Paul, Tele, a Jazz Box and a Taylor and they all looked way hilarious... too crazy even for me. To my pleasant surprise it works on the weird looking but very functional n musical sounding Godin Multiac and on the already crazy looking Klein hmmm... it kinda reminds me of H.R. Giger. Guess I'm in the mood for Alien reruns :)

Last edited:
Thanks to James and Leslie everybody at soft.com.sg and all the wonderful people who came together last Sunday afternoon to help me put this together. Here it is finally! Phew!!! There are 4 video clips at youtube each representing different aspects of what I do as a solo live looper. Please do feel free to watch each clip and post your positive comments and encouragements in response to my shameless plug here. Hugs and kisses milk and cookies for everyone here! Tanx ya!

Last edited:
way awesome man i'm a big fan of your live looping. i think a gear forum like this really needs to see more of your work with all those gear on the floor! great arrangement with the looper!

Hey randolf or embryo, do you think u culd mod a dd3 to add in a tap tempo feature? dunno if its possible so juz curious :D

Back