Randolf Arriola (embryo) Guitar Gear 101

embryo

Tanx especially to James, fellow friends, all the wonderful music lovers, musicians and and everyone here at soft.com for all the interested enquiries, your kind acts and words of support all this while. :)

I'd like to take this opportunity to start this thread here and maintain most if not all correspondences based on mods, repairs, maintenance and technology and of course the musical ear and usesage of Pedals, Rackmount devices, Tube Amps, Guitars and MIDI and what not gear from past, present and the exciting future.

My advice, opinions and personal philosophies on subjects raised, discussed and debated here by others and myself is not necessarily the gospel and applicable to everyone as that's realistically impossible in this world of endless variables. "To each his own" I have and will always strive to maintain. :) Nevertheless my replies/postings are largely based on my accumulated experiences and knowlege both as a professional recording musician, live performer and my accumulated experiences in Audio, Digital and PC related fields of Electronics Engineering, Studio Production and Radio Broadcast.

Along the way here in this thread I will post certain topics and enquiries of hopefully mutual interests with answers that would be hopefully beneficial to others who may have similar concerns and dilemas. It is a great privilege and joy to live and do what one loves most in life and I hope to continue doing so for as long as I'm able and hope the same for you. Wishing you an ongoing pleasant, inspired and satisfying journey in your own Tone Quest.

Good Luck and Cheers everyone! :)

PS. Go to the last page of this thread for latest topics of discussion.

18134_294687681603_551811603_4028274_4119602_n.jpg

YouTube - Randolf Arriola Live Looping Improv in Santa Cruz Part 4

Last edited:
Hey, In case others are not aware my mates Goose and Edwin also do repairs. Well now you know.

ps.notty arh you Edwin! hehehehehehe....

:)

I respect Mr Randolf and his tone tweaking prowress.

Above all, thanks to you for teaching so much on tone.

For the newbies and the un-initiated, what this guy teaches is... just... more than what that spanking new pedal can do for you.

And this isn't hype.

Ah Mr Mooo! One of the most determined anti TS9 dudes :) in search of his own everchanging Ultimate Tone! I consider him a potential contender to be S'pore's very own Mike Keneally if not already :) He displays great fasicination for all things guitar but has a certain sensitive side that probably baffles many of his peers but it's n aspect that is rare among local 6 string shredders here as he appreciates great songs and the art of song craft.

Hey Shreddy Mooo! So...How's tings and any latest discoveries in your ongoing tone quest since we last met dude? :)

Thanks to Wendy and Ralf, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the latest offering of the DL4 Custom Volume Revive + Undark Mod Hope it inspires great music out of you. :)

Ayoooo! Edder Bro Edder! You are such a cop out dude! I suppose it's just natural progression if not upgrade for you ya. Eversince the "Ureka" discovery of OM's Brewery! brrrrp!

As always... I'm proud to be a quitter! :twisted: Aiyah mai off topic.

Softies, mods, repairs, advise on guitar techniques and life in general... look for Randy Daddy!

Wanna know how to brew beer then talk to edder. Free beer is the nu currency!!

I think it would an interesting progression to see more selection of amps n guitars for next year's TAGs show.

Also we should expand the showcase sections that happen very strategically between the noise fest from the combined booths...

We shold include topics like ahem!;

1. The spiritual oneness experienced by the euphoria of acquiring new gear and how everything seems to sound great but only in the beginning.

2. The meaning of Life.

3. How to cope and explain to oneself 1st about this infectious disease called GAS and how to convey this natural phenomenon with loved ones and family and friends and soceity in general.

4. Shredding Guitar. The Good the Bad and the Ugly The tools and techniques behind this craft.

Just some ideas.... :)

Hey Shreddy Mooo! So...How's tings and any latest discoveries in your ongoing tone quest since we last met dude?

Mr Randolf, I am not Keneally lah... I can't play keys! And I can't sing, though I'm going to start taking lessons from my sister.

Hahaha... i have NO Tubescreamers (or dirt pedals with an ic chip) on my board still. Have tried more ts-like stuff in the hopes one could normify me but to no avail. :(

Things are fine Randolf.. Latest discoveries? How about... a classic rangemaster into a tube amp? Or... how stacking three delay makes me realise how much work i could do with so little picking! :p Realised how nice a ring mod can be... trying to realise the ideas of laying and texture better in a band / song context. Trying so many new things out, its mind boogling I don't have time enough for playing and i wanna play!

Eh, share leh, whats your latest toy? I recall that French Toast was one a while back...

Heh Moo. At the end of the day regardless of the tools used it's about creating a sound that moves rather than impress a listener whether one plays 64notes within a sec or a bar or milks evry drop of soul from a single note with a signature BB Kingified Vibrtato or create a cascade of delays or create that ominous sheet wall of sound with feedback or noise. Music to me is really about the endless possibilities of organizing sounds against silence.

....and then there's this other thing called Shred Guitar! Hehehehehehe

Ok seriously folks no more of this cheapshot product placement tactics of promoting home brew beer and issues about the meanin of life, is there life on mars and how tos in dealing with loved ones and soceity who are oblivios and terrified of the GAS syndrome among user Geeetarist here in this forum. hahahah ok seriously.....

Heh heh. What's up randolf! Sean here! T.A.G.S. was great! BTW, about that "having soul in your playing" think you said... I often find myself using that as an excuse because I can't play fast! Hahaha! Is it REALLY the soul or mere muscle memory?

Hmmm... well we shall not discuss stuff I have no answers to like "How to do the Tuck Knee Emo Jump"! "Rolls Eyes! :)

Randolf!!!!!
Maybe you can start this by answering most people (maybe) queries about OD & dist pedals. What & how to stack to get different genres of tones. Boss or boutique pedals or combination of both also can. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back