Quit my job to do music

H A O

Hi all,

I recently tendered my IT job and since I just graduated as well, I'm gonna try to make a living out of a music/recalibrate my life. I've been quite inspired by Jasmine Sokko, Gentlebones, The Sam Willows and all the big names in SG that made it to big record labels.
The mantra became "If they can do it at my age, why can't I?"

Link to my soundcloud/recent song:
https://soundcloud.com/hao_music/puppet-effects-ft-ebethb

Let me know what you think. Also, any tips from the seniors in the industry?

Don't be too caught up with the "made it to big record labels" thingy. Keep churning out good music and up your production standard. Get around, know more people in the industry.

Actually, working in the music industry (not as an artist) will give you the exposure and contacts in the music business. Give it a try.

Don't be too caught up with the "made it to big record labels" thingy. Keep churning out good music and up your production standard. Get around, know more people in the industry.

Actually, working in the music industry (not as an artist) will give you the exposure and contacts in the music business. Give it a try.

Oh thanks for the Tip soft, I'm not too skilled in this whole thing yet but am super willing to learn. Anywhere you know that takes in beginners? I don't mind the pay cut

There are a few bigger record companies in Singapore. You can try to write to them for internship or anything just to get your foot into the door. All the best!

how did it go? i quitted my full time job to do music for a while too but its growing too slowly, so i have to go back to a regular job again

i like ur songs. can i be frens?

I'm a self taught music producer n a wannabe autotune rapper that makes instrumental songs from different genres on lofibardzzz and more.

here's another link for my autotune rap songs that isn't really passable yet

Back