Music Distribution

H A O

Hey guys,

I'm new to music production but because its a skill to make music, its another to finish your song. With that I've finished 3 songs since I've started in January and I'm thinking of earning something out of it. So now I'm looking at music distribution on Spotify, iTunes etc etc. Turns out, its not that simple and I have to go through a middle-man.

That being said, any tips on which site to go with? I'm currently looking at DistroKid (though a lot say their customer service is bad). Other names I found were: CDBaby, AWAL, amuse and Horus Music.

Also, shameless plug, link to my soundcloud/recent song:
https://soundcloud.com/hao_music/pup...ects-ft-ebethb

Hi there,

I have used Distrokid in the past and don't have anything to complain about. Every distributor has different a price structure and offers different services. In order to give you the best advice we would need to know how frequently you plan on releasing new music, are you going to upload it single by single or one album at a time.

Also, you probably know that already but if you want to earn something you will need to invest a lot of time and effort in promotion because the revenue per stream is ridiculously low. The most efficient way when you start out is to get included into a major playlist. To do this you need to be able to upload and pitch your music to playlist curators with a delayed release date, not all distributors allow this.

Hi there,

I have used Distrokid in the past and don't have anything to complain about. Every distributor has different a price structure and offers different services. In order to give you the best advice we would need to know how frequently you plan on releasing new music, are you going to upload it single by single or one album at a time.

Also, you probably know that already but if you want to earn something you will need to invest a lot of time and effort in promotion because the revenue per stream is ridiculously low. The most efficient way when you start out is to get included into a major playlist. To do this you need to be able to upload and pitch your music to playlist curators with a delayed release date, not all distributors allow this.

Hey! Thanks for the tip! Yea I heard the revenue per stream is like $0.00040ish or something. For the playlist curators, are there proper channels to hit them up or would it just be making great music and hoping they notice?

Back