Push pull pot for Humbucks Versus Single coils....

teochm

Yea everyone...whats the diff? I mean if you can get single coil sounds by installing push pull pots then wouldn't double hum guit be more versatile than a single coil?

in short, yes.

but also bear in mind that humbuckers were not intentionally designed to sound good as singlecoils.

humbucking pickups which have the split coil function would give you a good emulation of a single coil pikup but it won't be as immaculate. the main reason being the length- humbuking coils are shorter, so tonally, it would sound different. the best split humbuking tone i've come across thusfar is from PRS...

humbucking pickups which have the split coil function would give you a good emulation of a single coil pikup but it won't be as immaculate. the main reason being the length- humbuking coils are shorter, so tonally, it would sound different. the best split humbuking tone i've come across thusfar is from PRS...

yups totally agree :wink: best guitar for a palm muting intro. but i still prefer the magnetic humbuckers of the Gibson LesPaul Standard. Man are they good.[/quote]

Back