WTS Incredibly rare boutique Telecaster: Blade by Levinson Delta Classic T2

Crawldaddy

Hi all,

I am selling an incredibly rare but very well-preserved boutique guitar, a Blade by Levinson Delta Classic T2. Serial number 759XX.

This guitar is based on a standard telecaster topology, with the classic t-style outline, as well as a Fender Telecaster headstock shape. Built by Gary Levinson in Switzerland (neck plate has the words Switzerland on it, along with serial number) this guitar was made in 1989, before production moved to Japan and eventually Korea where current models are built with a different headstock shape. For a guitar that is 30 years old, there are only very tiny finish flaws you have to hunt for with good lighting, and some minor tarnishing on the bridge plate where your finger rests when picking.

Have a look at these specs, which are the same if not better than a lot of boutique instruments out there today:

Solid two-piece ash body in cherry sunburst: amber center, cherry red burst on the edges of top and back, cherry red sides.
Solid one-piece maple neck with 22 medium-jumbo frets, 10" radius fingerboard, black front and side dot markers
Die-cast levinson tuning machines and an adjustable string tree, a unique Levinson design feature.
Neck heel truss rod adjustment that is hidden behind a small plastic cover.
2X Levinson Blade Single coil pickups that are warmer and fatter than your typical tele pickups.
Original Levinson active midrange circuitry with 3-way switch that operates as "mid-cut", "bypass", and 'mid-boost' for 9 individual tones.
Gold hardware: 6-saddle modern telecaster bridge, normal telecaster Vol & tone control, vintage-style "cup" output jack.

In a nutshell, this is a high performance modern-style telecaster that plays well and sounds really, really good. It has a base tonality of a warm telecaster with plenty of top end detail as you would expect from boutique single coils. The mid-way pickup position is hum-cancelling, and the volume and tone pots work very well with the pickups to dial in all the nuance you could desire.

Having that mid-cut or mid-boost circuitry adds versatility to the standard telecaster tones. adding mids is like putting a clean mid boost into your signal to bump up gain when you're going into overdrive, or for tightening up distortion. flicking the switch to cut mids gives the guitar an almost acoustic-like character, with a subtle quack in the middle pickup position that leans into strat territory.

The neck is a fast, slim C shape that will be totally at home with those who prefer like that neck profile that is slim overall for comfort and speed. The guitar feels like what you would expect from a boutique instrument with incredible fit and finish.

Selling as I much prefer a more vintage feel and sound. I've come to realise that big, chunky necks are my thing, so this guitar needs to go to someone who loves that smaller neck shape but is not atrociously thin.

Priced to sell at $1800 FIRM.

No lowballers, jokers or time-wasters. Serious musicians and tone lovers do contact me at 9 eight 5 six 0 four 1 three. We can arrange an audition of this beautiful custom-shop level instrument.

Last edited:
Back