Plainsunset giveway!

AgingYouth

Courtesy of our friends at Wake Me Up Music. :)

http://www.agingyouth.com/?p=788

Friday 18 December sees Singapore rock icons Plainsunset put out their most daring album to date, Collabor-8. As we have reported previously, the band’s 5th release features collaborations with rapper Sheikh Haikel, dubstep producer Dubwise, keyboardist Amanda Ling and a remix by The Lard Brothers, seeing the band break away from their comfort zones of playing rock’n'roll.
Frontman Jonathon Chan says, “We stayed away from most of the regular things we’ve done. Playing with experts from other fields with the express intention of giving them room to work their own magic is a scary thing. It’s saying that we have no complete control of the result.” The band wrote and recorded the entire album in 2 months. “The quick timeline and sense of urgency aided the process in it becoming instinctive in decision making.”
Beside the musical collaborations with other artistes, the album includes ‘Uncertain’, an epic ballad featuring several lead singers from their label Wake Me Up Music roster which includes Matthew Lim from A Vacant Affair, Joshua Tan from The Fire Fight and Jean Low from Giants Must Fall.
The track listing is as follows:
1. TearsForYou (feat. Sheikh Haikel)
2. Blank Faces
3. Rainfall (feat. Amanda Ling)
4. The Valiant
5. Monsters In The Sea (feat. Dubwise)
6. Lights Down
7. River Song (The Lard Brothers‘ You Can Feel It remix feat. Garuda & QTB)
8. Uncertain (feat. The WMUM Choir)
Bonus Tracks:
1. Untrue Mondays
2. Find A Way 2009 (Radio Edit)
The launch party will take place this Friday 18 December at the Esplanade Recital Studio at 930pm. Tickets go for SGD25.00 (without taxes) at all SISTIC outlets.
You can win an autographed copy of Collabor-8 by being the 5th person who Tweets about this post, courtesy of Wake Me Up Music and Universal Music. Check out some samples over at their MySpace page.

Back