Manchester United 2009-2010 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but if Chelsea lose it's better. Pool always have smth for big matches. Like when they're struggling the beat us, they came from nowhere to win the 05 Champs league (Although that was ancient, it probably has a million tribute videos or something...)

Dudelove: I disagree. Much as we rely on Wayne Rooney to pop up and score goals, or the old legs or Giggs or Scholes, Chelsea spent 100 million + pounds on the current team! Fergie didn't. And they're over reliant on Drogba and Lampard as well... Malouda is just an upstart, you know?

I'm saying we're not playing like worthy champions this year thats all. Chelsea trashing Villa 7-0? Stoke 7-0? Chelsea look more worthy champions regardless of how much they have spent. We have already proven that money doesn't buy you throphies by winning the league for the past 3 years. I hate to admit this because I'm a die hard Manutd fan. I'll be proud we overtook Liverpools 18 titles and set a record for 4 consecutive title. But this season we REALLY have underperformed far too many times, not to mention over reliance on certain players. Seriously even if we win changes HAVE to be made to the team.

Don't need me to remind you how much Ferguson has spent since Abramovich took over. Its very significant as well.

The worthy champion is the ones who finishes top after 38 games, no questions asked. Sure chelsea have hammered teams this season but ultimately they still dropped point to teams like tottenham, wigan and fulham.

I'm a 'liverpool' fan for this weekend only and as much as I want them to win, realistically I don't see it happening.

Actually the current Man Utd team ain't cheap either: Ferdinand: 30 mil Rooney: 27 mil Berbatov: 32 mil Nani and Valencia: 15-20 mil each. Thats already more than 100 million pounds.

Chelsea have spent way more but some of they biggest buys (Shevchenko, Crespo, Mutu, Veron) are no longer at the club. Then again, you also have to factor in the 40 mil they spent/going to spend on Aguero if the rumors are to be believed

The worthy champion is the ones who finishes top after 38 games, no questions asked. Sure chelsea have hammered teams this season but ultimately they still dropped point to teams like tottenham, wigan and fulham.

chelsea dropped points against fulham? and by the way chelsea put 7 pass sunderland and aston villa, both of which man utd have dropped points at home. did the double over man utd, arsenal and hopefully against liverpool too.

and what's the point of factoring in aguero when he's yet to play? might as well factor in every single rumour that's linked to the club..

if spending millions and millions means winning anything, take a good look at your neighbors and think again

If that were the case they would have wrapped the title up way before this. Its a league, you win some, draw some, lose some. All these matches we are pointing out are single matches that give a biased (i point out all the games chelsea lose, you point out all the games chelsea win) view of the teams we support, the league table shows that after 36 games, chelsea is one point clear.

I may have added the fulham (should have been everton) one wrongly (off the top of my head here, and I haven't been following this season as religiously as usual).

Regarding money I still think it matters but you have to buy the right people. Chelsea started off like City flashing cash and buying players but only after they got Mourinho did really get scary. Now they only buy the occasional player that can really add something to the side. However, the transfer market now is really overpriced with Man City and Real Madrid pushing the ceiling so high with ronaldo.

Ahh... whatever... may the best team win....

I'll be damned if Liverpool didn't allow Chelsea to walk all over their pathetic sorry asses yesterday. The way they played was of such low standard, even Sunderland put up a better fight against Manchester United when they had nothing to play for.

Really pathetic and sad team. I was honestly hoping Liverpool wouldn't qualify for any European competition next season but the FA for some unknown reason would rather let the 7th place EPL team take a UEFA Cup spot rather than the team that wins the FA Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back